Potential Sister Here - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Potential Sister Here Potential Sister Here

Unread 01-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Potential Sister Here

I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis. We are here for you every step of the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Potential Sister Here

Fhyre, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I'm sure you're going to feel so much better physically and mentally after your hyst. With a cancer diagnosis, I'm sure they're going to do your surgery pretty quickly, rather than wait a few weeks.

Any idea what plans might be for post-op treatment?

You talked about seeing a gyn/onc who was 3 hours away and how to get there...any friends in the area or can the VA arrange transportation? Can't hurt to ask.

Hang in there,
Roberta
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Potential Sister Here

My father is going to be taking me. He's about 2.5 hours away from where I live, he will probably come down the night before. I agree that I doubt they're going to wait long for the surgery, I wonder if I should call them back to find out if they already know when it might be so I know how proactive I need to be, LoL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Potential Sister Here

I'm so sorry about your diagnosis. Like Saphicdsre said you will feel so much better after the hyst. Good luck and stay strong.
Unread 01-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Hi Iam a new sister

I have been having bleeding problems for over a year big huge clots when I told my Doctor he told me it was all part of the process! Well finally I went back in and said this is not part of the process (menapause) I told him I was bleeding like a water faucet and can no longer afford all the tampax and pads! Well he sent me to have a sonohystergram done and a bunch of blood work well iron level was 8 which is not good and then the sonohystergram said I have a polyup and cysts on my right ovary and now i have to go see a gyn next monday. I have no idea what is going to happen to me all that he said is they go in and cut of the polyup! Oh this is scary. I wouldn't think that would cause all this heavy bleeding, the Doctor said he is not going to underdiagnose me and to just wait till see what the other Doctor says! I hate the hurry up and wait game it is not fun and I get scared more every day! Iam 46 almost 47. I have 3 children ages 29,19,and 15.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register