On way to pre op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

On way to pre op On way to pre op

Unread 09-02-2010, 07:15 AM
On way to pre op

Im on my way to my preop appt. I have my list of questions and papers i need him to fill out so i can return to work after my surgery. Im nervous......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2010, 08:15 AM
Re: On way to pre op

I hope it's going well...my pre op is this Tuesday so if you're willing to share your experience, I'd love to know how it went because I'm nervous too! Over the phone they acted like it was no big deal but then I went to the hospital website and it said it takes 3 hours and I should expect xrays, ekg, bloodwork, etc, etc!
Unread 09-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Re: On way to pre op

Wishing you both the very best in your final stretch! It is so difficult to stay calm!

I had two "pre-op" appointments, one at my doctor's office, and one at the hospital (including bloodwork, having my heart checked out, meeting with the anaesthesiologist, and talking with a nurse about pain meds etc). Everyone was great! It takes time because you spend a little time waiting for each person but it's all about YOU and ensuring they know as much as they can to make it a great successful procedure!

Hang in there and trust that soon you will be on the other side and healing well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM
On way to pre op

I just posted a new post- just finished my preop- for you i understand ypur fear, but it wasnt bad at all. At dr office he just told me about surgery and answered my questions, then he sent me to a lab for bloodwork, then i went to hospital to do preadmission paperwork. I didnt have to do an EKG or xrays or anything else. I think once yours is over you'll feel better. I do. Im still nervous about the surgery, but now i feel better prepared. Please write back if u want and ask any questions that you have. Take care. - Julie
  Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I hope it's going well...my pre op is this Tuesday so if you're willing to share your experience, I'd love to know how it went because I'm nervous too! Over the phone they acted like it was no big deal but then I went to the hospital website and it said it takes 3 hours and I should expect xrays, ekg, bloodwork, etc, etc!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register