5 weeks post hysterectomy and still have pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 weeks post hysterectomy and still have pain 5 weeks post hysterectomy and still have pain

Unread 03-15-2014, 12:35 PM
5 weeks post hysterectomy and still have pain

I still have constant ache on my left side of hip. I don't have anything left as doctor removed everything. Even when I wake up in the morning the pain is there. I have my 6 wk follow up with my doctor in 1 wk and will ask her about this.

Anyone experiencing the same issue? Any ideas what is causing this?
Thanks everyone and hope everyone is taking care of themselves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Re: 5 wks post hysterectomy and still have pain

I am now 3 months post op and I can tell you that I had various pains, but now they are all gone. Each week you should have less and less pain. (unless you overdo it) Even at 5 and 6 weeks you are still healing inside. All of your organs inside are trying to find a new place to reside. They may be bumping up against each other until they find the perfect place. I was still taking alot of ibuprofen at your stage. But it does get better. Give it more time. For awhile I couldn't sleep on my sides at all. Then eventually one side and not the other. Then both sides were ok to sleep on, and eventually my stomach again. Good luck!! Give yourself more time to heal.
Unread 03-16-2014, 05:16 PM

, dear Tasha,
So glad you'll be able to clarify when you see your doc.

My sense is that a lot of us have experienced these odd pains. One of the things I was told is that it can have a great deal to do with how we're positioned in surgery. Also, my P/T explained that our muscles and nervous systems readjust in an effort to protect some of the areas traumatized from surgery. For me, this caused some back spasms that were greatly helped by P/T.

, , and keep us posted,
Many from Romy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2014, 05:19 PM

You are not alone. I will be six weeks this coming Friday and I still have dull aches back aches and stingy pings of pain around my incisions but inside. I keep telling myself its just the process. I go this Tuesday for my checkup and will confirm. Hang in there.
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:46 PM

Keep me updated on what your doc says.
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:
a great deal to do with how we're positioned in surgery
RomyDijon I do believe this. On the OR table I had both of my arms straight out and Velcro strapped to the arm boards. About a week after surgery, once I pretty much weened myself off of my pain meds, I started to have pain in my left shoulder. Even 6 weeks later my shoulder still hurts when reaching. I'm thinking with neck and shoulder problems I've had, being in this position for 2 plus hours has pulled muscles.
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Re: 5 wks post hysterectomy and still have pain- hematoma?

Finally talked to my doctor today and discussed my constant pain on left hip and now going down leg. She thinks I have a hematoma which she advises is like a blood clot. She said let's just 'wait and see' and hopefully it will dissolve. When I asked if it doesn't she said we'll deal with it then. I'm to continue taking naproxen and will see her next week for my 6 wk postop appointment.

Has anyone else had a hematoma?
Unread 03-17-2014, 10:14 PM
5 weeks post hysterectomy and still have pain

Sooooo glad you got checked out!

Maybe start a new thread for the hematoma? Many sisters have experience eith that, I think, and can help.
Many from Romy
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:39 PM

I've also been having pain on the left side near my hip bone - doc checked it out and found nothing wrong, but she said she had done a lot of work in the area (removing endo adhesions), so it's normal to still be sore. I just chalk it up to "phantom ovary pain."

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register