Severe vaginal pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe vaginal pain Severe vaginal pain

Unread 03-13-2013, 05:50 AM
Severe vaginal pain

I've been having pain in the vaginal area assuming its where they stitched me up on the inside. Last night ( I walked earlier in the day) my insides ( up in the vagina area) was super sore/achey so much so that I couldn't sleep 600 mg of Advil didn't help and ended up having to take a stronger pain med to ease the pain. Have I overdone it and caused damage that can't be healed correctly? Will walking cause this? This is day 4 of this achey/ pain but definitely the worst episode! Any help would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 06:24 AM
Re: Severe vaginal pain

Talk to your dr. Why do you think you have overdone it? I have not been doing much of anything and the worst pain is the burning, cut feeling in my v. Taking Tylenol 3 every 3 hrs (wears off by hour 4). The best help for you may be more time and rest.
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:09 AM

Thursday of this week will be 3 weeks and I started back to work 1/2 days last week. I've worked full days Monday and Tuesday of this week. I've got a desk job but sometimes I am up and down quit a bit. Although its not a strenuous job and other than energy level being an issue I feel good until this v. Pain started..... That's why I wondered if I had overdone it. Home today resting because I'm still achey. 😞
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 07:34 AM

Hello KarenGabbard!

Sorry that you are in pain!! I had a SAH (bikini cut) end of January. Fortunately before the operation I received a lot of support from friends and colleagues, whose mothers and aunts had had hysterectomies. The best advice they gave was not to "try to get back to normal too soon". So I did nothing more than rest, sleep, lounge, cook and eat! And then slept some more!

Eveyone here will confirm that every woman is different, has different situations and lifestyles. I finally went back to work at Week 5 to a "very barebone schedule" -- and I still feel it! I also sometimes get pain (or tightness) in the area around the cervix.

With overdoing it -- when I got back to work and my regular settings with friends, I did a lot of "No nos!" Because I "felt normal". At the end of the day, boy, my body gave me a lecture!!

I can only agree with ActIII's advice about rest and time, and seeing your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon!
Rikki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register