It's my cervix, I wanna keep it!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's my cervix, I wanna keep it!! It's my cervix, I wanna keep it!!

Unread 05-29-2003, 12:29 PM
cervix

Thanks so much to everyone! The depo shot gave me the hot falsh from Hades last night, along with alot of cramping, but today I seem to be ok.

I spoke with the nurse today re: the cervix issue. She said, "Oh, I don't think you can keep it, it ALWAYS comes out." Soooo... she asked another nurse (the doc was unavailable) and the other nurse said she new of one case where the patient kept it, and it ended up "causing trouble" and she ended up having it removed, so now the doc always removes it. I am going to talk to him at my pre-op (unless I can get in earlier). My concerns with losing it are the bladder falling issue (happened to a friend of my mom's- not pleasant!), and the sex issue! It is so hard for me to talk to the doc re:sex (I am from the south, LOL!) but I'm gonna, red face and all!

Thanks again to everyone who has responded. I found an article online here re: keepin/losing the cervix that was helpful. I guess, in the end (pardon the pun!) it is up to me. I'll gladly let some of y'all decide for me !!! LOL

Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2003, 01:29 PM
It's my cervix, I wanna keep it!!

well the way i was told is that you can have the falling even if you choose to keep the cervix it's no guarantee...but that the ligaments are still there for support.....also on the sex issue...i have trouble during deep thrusts ( pain when he hits my cervix) so my dr. said having it removed would take care of that....also keep in mind that most sexual feeling comes from the clitoris and the outer third of the vagina.....

...i am going to miss those uterine contractions during the big O more than my cervix.....but I will still have vaginal contractions won't I ladies?????
Unread 05-29-2003, 03:29 PM
red faced issue

If you don't mind, I'd like to know what your doc says about the cervix and sex issue. I never thought about keeping it until I recently began reading more and more articles about it. I'm from the south too, so I know what you mean. I'm actually a little embarrased even writing this!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register