Pre-op appt tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op appt tomorrow Pre-op appt tomorrow

Unread 06-08-2004, 09:54 PM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

I have my pre-op appt tomorrow morning. DH is going with me. I asked him tonight if he had his list of questions ready. Poor guy just looked at me kind of dazed, and said, "What list of questions? I have to have a list of questions?" He was totally freaked! :confuse:

I guess that was mean, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

Poor guy
Unread 06-09-2004, 12:56 AM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

The important thing is that he is going with you!!! And...do YOU have your list of FAQ???? Your doctor will likely answer many questions prior to being asked---just in conversation about the surgery. Also, your DH will likely think of a few questions during the course of the appt. If not, he will at least have heard your questions and any/every thing your doctor tells you!!!! I am including a link to FAQ for PRE-OP appt., just in case you have not reviewed it!!!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsl...s=&forumid=170

(There's also a FAQ for family/friends article there!!!!)

Let us know how your appt. goes!!!

's,
Ronda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2004, 01:29 AM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

Hi Empressnormi,

Going in for my pre-op this morning too, but prefer to go without DH, not because he's awful or anything (!) but would rather just get on with it.

Reading your post reminded me that I should write down some questions - duh! Can't beleive I haven't done it yet, I'm leaving in an hour and have to take Birthday Daughter to school first. Zoom zoom!

Good luck, will post later

xxx
Unread 06-09-2004, 04:52 AM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

Hi, ladies!

I had a huge list of Q's for my doc - someone asked about them and I listed them here:
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=146827
So, I don't know if they will help you folks or not. Doc was so impressed, he asked for a copy on surgery day so they can develop something for their other patients. Thanks in great part to this site!

Empressnormi You've been SOOOO supportive of all of the other women on this board (including me), that I know you'll do GREAT - that's how Karma works!

<giggle> The only Q my DSO asked after the doc talked about recovery time was "how long until she's as miserable as she is now?" Which I thought was a very strange and somwhat insulting question until I realized why he asked. Since I have been SOOO sick Pre-Op, he wanted to know how quickly I'll surpass the level of misery I am in now. It's a question I would never have thought to ask.
Unread 06-09-2004, 08:17 AM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

Ronda----Oh, yes, I have my list of questions all ready. And, you're I am glad that he's going with me. I was just kidding w/him.

Esme----thank you so much for that wonderful hug!! I also believe in Karma---as my Grandma used to say, "What goes around, comes around!" I've rec'd so much help here, I just want to be able to do the same for my sisters! I checked out your list of questions. WOW, that was awesome!

I'll let you all know how it goes later. Thanks for all the help!
Unread 06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Pre-op appt tomorrow

I just came from my preop appt. Can you believe I didn't take a list of questions???? To bad I didn't get online to this thread sooner. After I left I had to call back and ask what time to report to the castle on Monday and how long I should expect to be in there!

to you all,

ShawneeBear

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register