3 months post hysterectomy, still exhausted | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months post hysterectomy, still exhausted 3 months post hysterectomy, still exhausted

Unread 10-05-2014, 03:30 PM
3 months post hysterectomy, still exhausted

Hi ladies. Im 3 months post op, workinh and attending school on campus. I am extremely tired every day. Im eating well and taking vitamins. Anyone else experienced fatigue this far out post op? Heal well ladies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Re: 3months post op, still exhausted

Well, working and going to school at the same time is exhausting in itself! I am sure that as your body adjusts it will start to get easier. I have not had this type of fatigue, but I am not working and going to school. I had my surgery about a month before you and am almost but not quite back to the level of stamina I had before surgery. I have though had 2 asthma flares and a cold in the past month, so that hasn't helped me either. I hope it gets better soon.
Unread 10-05-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coughy16 View Post
Well, working and going to school at the same time is exhausting in itself! I am sure that as your body adjusts it will start to get easier. I have not had this type of fatigue, but I am not working and going to school. I had my surgery about a month before you and am almost but not quite back to the level of stamina I had before surgery. I have though had 2 asthma flares and a cold in the past month, so that hasn't helped me either. I hope it gets better soon.
Thanks. Im sure it just takes time to heal so maybe i need to be more patient. I also have an immune disorder so my body is maybe healing the best it can. Or maybe its the other 3 surgeries ivr haf in the past year and my body is just tired!!!!!!!! Lol. I feel better knowing im not supposed to feel like superwoman again just yet. Well good luck to you and thanks for the support! !!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummibear View Post
Hi ladies. Im 3 months post op, workinh and attending school on campus. I am extremely tired every day. Im eating well and taking vitamins. Anyone else experienced fatigue this far out post op? Heal well ladies
Oh yes, I feel exhausted usually it hits me about 4 pm or so, huge waves of it. I'm hoping it will go everyone tells me I shouldn't be tired now but I am. Hugs x
Unread 10-06-2014, 01:25 AM
Re: 3months post op, still exhausted

Hello girls

Let's not forget that our bodies have been a major surgery and it's going to take time to completely heal from this trauma. I am not going to school or working and my body is full of aches (particularily my legs and hips) after supper and into the evening. Someday I hope to look back at this time and put it all behind me
Unread 10-06-2014, 04:28 AM
Re: 3 months post hysterectomy, still exhausted

Iam 2 months post! Getting pelvic pain since last few days! Not unbearable but it's there!!! Wondering if I shud show to the doc? Or is it normal ???
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:22 AM

I have just hit my 6 week mark and I am beat. Everyone is right - this was a big surgery and I was under anesthesia for over 4 hours. My guess is that it will take 6 months to begin to feel better. Best wishes to us all
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi19 View Post
Iam 2 months post! Getting pelvic pain since last few days! Not unbearable but it's there!!! Wondering if I shud show to the doc? Or is it normal ???
I still have minor pelvic pain when i overdo it, holding too many bags of groceries...walkn too far on campus. Still ask ur doc...my pain is minor and i recognize the cause of it
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerab View Post
I have just hit my 6 week mark and I am beat. Everyone is right - this was a big surgery and I was under anesthesia for over 4 hours. My guess is that it will take 6 months to begin to feel better. Best wishes to us all
At 6weeks i was happy to not fall asleep while sitting still....lol. be well and heal well!!!
Unread 10-06-2014, 06:50 AM

LOL! So true.... I don't drive far by myself for fear of falling asleep. Naps have become my best friend

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register