LAVH 10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain 10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain

Unread 03-20-2017, 08:41 PM
10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain

Anyone else suffer from asking others for help? I had a surge of energy today and decided to vacuum. Now I am having pelvic pain. I see my Dr for my ten day post op tomorrow. Has anyone else done this very thing and not injured yourself? Please help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2017, 02:46 AM
Re: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain

Hi lovely lady.

I was told no vacuuming for 12 wks by my surgeon. And I'm going to listen to him as a friend of mine brushed her kitchen floor 3 wks after surgery and now has complications 3 yrs later.

You will have a lot of stitches internally. Now is a critical time, especially your 1st 4 weeks.

Listen to your doctors, let other people do the housework for a few weeks.... it will be worth it in the long term.

Hope your pain ends soon. Look after yourself and let others spoil you at this stage

Heather
Unread 03-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Re: 10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain

Anything which engages the abs is not a good idea - it puts stress on the very areas which need healing. We all know the weight limits, but very often pushing-pulling in that group abs-engaging activities: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, pulling weeds in the garden, opening a stubborn window. We don't think about it when we're healthy, but we sure know after surgery! That's why we need to wait for the green light from our doctors.

Two resources for you:Do let your doctor know so he can check for any complications - you're not bleeding, so that's a good sign. You're not his first patient to have jumped the starting line, and you won't be his last.

Continue to rest especially the rest of today, with walking being the most you do from here until you get the all-clear. Rest well, Sisters' orders - you get one chance to heal properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Re: 10 days post hysterectomy: Vacuuming and now pelvic pain

newwoman17, Hello, Kity here, I know it is hard to "not be able to do things you are used to doing"...I'm sorry you are having pain...Please read the HysterSister articles about the "do's & dont's", Listen to your body....no matter what you are doing, if you feel strained or stressed then take a step back & give your body a break...You set your pace...but don't push yourself too much...

Housework can wait, your recovery should be front & center...It's hard to let others help out, but take it for what it is...our family & friends can't help heal us any faster but they can help us out in other ways...by shopping, making meals, & by helping us do our housework...They want to help, so let them...If you don't have anyone to help you then you just have to let things go...find ways to do some things that won't hurt you...

I have two reacher gadgets, the short one I use to take things out of the washer & pick up stuff I drop in the laundry room, I haven't bent over to pick anything up yet.! The long one I use in my "nest area" to pick up the many items I constantly drop...

Another tip from one of the HysterSister articles is don't push a grocery cart...it is too stressful on your body...

newwoman17, Take it easy & be good to yourself. Let others help you and if they don't offer then ASK ! Some people don't know how to ask if they can help, its OK to AsK for help ! You owe it to yourself.! ! !

S

Love, Kity

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register