Facing 5th surgery since LAVH--any advice? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Facing 5th surgery since LAVH--any advice? Facing 5th surgery since LAVH--any advice?

Unread 12-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Facing 5th surgery since LAVH--any advice?

I am due to have my 5th surgery after a LAVH with Anterior and Posterior repair. I have mesh eroding into my vaginal wall and I am talking myself into having it removed with few complications. I am scared to death to under go another surgery. I need some reassurance from someone who has had a successful mesh removal along with recovery times etc... I had a hysterectomy back in October of 2007 and am still dealing with issues from the mesh. My husband and I have not been able to have intercourse for 3 years because the mesh is coming through my vaginal wall and my vaginal opening has shrunk so small. The mesh was put in too tight which caused a urethrovesical fistula. I had that repaired back in June. I am so nervous about another surgery. Anyone have any good advice for me? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Re: Positive outcomes from vaginal mesh removal

Make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing. I went to a Dr at UCLA, he got all my Prolift out this past Oct! What a difference it has made. I still have a little pain occ in my rt sacral area, probably still healing. I drove 4 hrs the other day to visit my mom. Had No pain, I used to have trouble with my rt leg with driving. I heard the Dr at UCLA had to rebuild a lady's vagina from her prolift mesh. He knows what he's doing. I may need a cystocle repair in the future, he will be doing it with NO MESH! !Also need a perinealplasty. Mesh should be banned!!! Maybe the CIA should use it for a long-tern torture device!!
Unread 12-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Re: Positive outcomes from vaginal mesh removal

I agree that mesh should be banned!

I had mine removed several years ago by a wonderful urogyne that works at the Mayo in MN. I used to have pain with sex and am now pain free! I also had major stress incontinence and this wonderful doctor put in a sling made from my own fascia and I don't have that problem anymore!

Be very careful to find a doctor who has a lot of experience in mesh removal. If you want my doc's name, e-mail me privately.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register