Scheduled TVH Not Sure about Upcoming Hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not Sure about Upcoming Hysterectomy Not Sure about Upcoming Hysterectomy

Unread 09-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Not Sure about Upcoming Hysterectomy

Lets start from the beginning. I'm 29 and have had my period since February of 2013. Prior to that I had it from May of 2012 till December of 2012. Found out I had endometriosis and adenomyosis. Also have PCOS. I decided to give up my slim slim chance of conceiving a baby because I have an even slimmer chance of carrying it to term. I couldn't bear a miscarriage. I have one child and I know that nothing else could be more precious to me. And I'm already beyond exhausted (not ever enough blood for the things my body does aka blast you anemia!!!)
Soooo I'm trying to be brave. I'm a single mom. With my surgery scheduled for 9/23 I am so afraid. I want to stop being in pain so much it hurts. I want to stop having to be strong so that I don't cry when I have that massive pain in my belly telling me I have to give birth to a blood clot. I feel like I'm being dramatic about it because a part of me refuses to believe it hurts this bad. I don't even know why I'm writing all of this and I'm kind of rambling but I need to know that someone understands. My ex left me after 7 years because I couldn't have another kid. He told me I wasn't a woman. That kinda hurt a lot. And now I'm taking out my uterus. I'm excited to see what's on the other side of that long nap the anesthesiologist will bless me with. I want to stop being afraid. I want to stop hating what I can't do and who I can't be. Is it hard to accept who you are afterwards? My mom also thinks I should pray for healing and not do this. I prayed for years and this is what I got so I'm not sure how much more kneeling I should do. Sorry for rambling on. The only thing that is worrying me more right now is what I have to eat/not eat so that I'm not constipated. I don't like prunes.
All of you be blessed. Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Re: Not Sure

Hi Eremos,

I'm so sorry for all you have been through at such a young age. I'm 45 so I can't relate to the age but I can to the symptoms. I have been bleeding nonstop everyday since June. I have had all the tests, ultrasounds, D&C and nothing has helped. My doc thinks I have adenomyosis and my uterus is huge. So it has to come out. So I know how you feel about the horrible pain, clots and bleeding. I am so ready for this to be over. I think I will be a much happier person when I don't have to deal with this anymore. So you are not alone! In fact, my surgery is on the 23rd too! Six more days! good luck on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery!
Unread 09-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Re: Not Sure

I'm really sorry you're going through this, and that your ex made you feel badly about something you can't control (good riddance to bad rubbish, I say). You ARE a woman, with or without a uterus. As for praying for healing...God makes doctors, and doctors can heal us. Trust me, I've wondered a lot what women did hundreds of years ago when they had problems like this and no medical intervention. I guess they lived in horrible pain, or died. Thank goodness we don't have to! If a part of your body is making you sick, then it makes sense to let it go. Mourn it if you have to, but know that letting it go makes you healthier, for you and for your child. Think about what you'll be able to do once you're not bleeding so much anymore, about the energy you'll have when you're no longer anemic, about how you'll feel like a new WOMAN.

As for constipation, that's not uncommon. Despite all the high-fiber foods I ate and all the water I drank, I ended up taking a couple of doses of Milk of Magnesia on day 5 post-op because I was so uncomfortable. Still, have fresh fruits on hand and drink lots of water. Oatmeal and high-fiber cold cereals are good, along with short, frequent walks.

I didn't dread surgery, I dreaded recovery because I don't like down time. However, I knew going through recovery was necessary in order to have a better quality of life. My recovery wasn't bad (and I had an invasive surgery), so go into it with a positive attitude. It's natural to be scared, but think about the good that will come from surgery and focus on that. Best of luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register