question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-27-2004, 08:20 PM
question

Does anone ever get a very clear, icky discharge? I don't have a yeast infection, but I get this odd clear discharge. I got Lupron, so I'm not bleeding now, but this other stuff comes out of me.

I had no idea the body had so many liquids in it. I once heard a Buddhist meditation about the human body that named a whole slew of liquids. Now I get to experience some of them first hand- what fun... not!

I am trying to disengage from my body in preparation for the surgery. I keep saying to myself, "I am not the body and the body is not me." I am trying to do this because when my fear comes rolling in about the surgery (a partial hysterectomy-- they will just take the uterus), it is because I have confused my "self" with the body and I get fearful of the loss of both-- as if they are the same thing. This may sound wierd to some, but it is a yogic perspective about how to deal with some of this stuff. I am trying it out, because my anxieties about the surgery, the pain, and the loss of control are all making me feel crazy.

Thanks or any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 09:32 PM
question

Hi Annaji,

Sounds like it might be a discharge from your cervix. From what I understand, at the time of monthly ovulation, the cervix discharges a clear substance. The discharge also helps to lubricate the vagina. You might notice it more since you are on lupron and not experiencing a period.

From your profile, it looks like you are having a LSH. I am 8 months post-op from my LSH and I am very pleased with my surgery results!!

I also got into new age techniques to help me with pre-op. I did affirmations to help me relax and get mentally centered for surgery. It really helped me.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 12-27-2004, 10:29 PM
spirituality and healing

Hi Mary, Thanks for letting me know. I did not know that the cervix could have a discharge. Until all this started happening, I knew very little about my body, especially the female parts. It was just there and I did not pay much attention to it. Well, all that sure has changed.

By the way, what kinds of "New Age" stuff do you do to help you with all of this? I never considered myself to be a "New Ager," just a person dedicated to a spiritual path and one who uses meditation, mantra practice, and yoga asanas to grow in daily life. So, I am , of course, employing these practices to deal with this major life event.

During my most recent hospitalization, when I had a transfusion due to hemmohaging in a short period of time, I read a book called "Be Here Now," and a book called "It's Here Now, Are You?" Both of these took my mind off the body and helped me stay centered in a calmer place. I find that at times like this, I need to feel cared for and loved, so I get that from my spiritual practices. This, I think, helps me to be calm, therefore, letting my body rest an heal better. For me, the trick is to avoid the fear and panic syndrome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2004, 10:48 PM
question

Hi Annaji,

I especially liked the book, Heal Your Body, by Louise Hay. Novellete size book and it has a lot of affirmations I used over-and-over again before my surgery. I actually still use it. Just puts me in a really positive mood.

I have not read "Be Here Now". However, I did a Be Here Now seminar with The Landmark Forum, a self-help training.

Mary
Unread 12-28-2004, 09:00 PM
question

I've also experienced this clear white discharge and it's a huge nuisance. For me, it's almost like being on my period, but the color has changed. I also have cramping with it a lot of the time. I thought at first it was just ovulation, but then it was happening so often and there was a lot of it. I started paying more attention to when it occured and it almost always occurs the week after my period (which would be too early for ovulation). I talked with my GYN about it at the last exam and he also referenced that it was probably from the cervix, then commented that he was suprised that my cervix didn't look bad (after the exam). So who knows what it is? All I can say is this is a strange disease!
Unread 12-28-2004, 10:49 PM
question

Yeah. I get it the week after my period too. You are right, it is a nuisance. I keep going to the bathroom to check that it is not my period. Any sensations of discharge down there and I freak out, fearing that the Lupron injection is failing and the nightmere bleeding is starting again. This illness really can play with one's head. Thanks for sharing.

http://
Unread 01-01-2005, 01:54 PM
question

For: Annaji

I sent you (2) private messages about your spiritual thread you posted a few days ago. I replied on it. The messages have not been assessed yet.

Hope the info. helps!!

Mary
Unread 01-01-2005, 07:39 PM
message back to Mary

Hi Mary,

Sorry, I do not think I got your messages, which you mention in this thread. I would love to read and reply if you would like to resend. Thank you for the support.
Unread 01-01-2005, 09:14 PM
question

To: Annaji

If you can check your "private messages box", that would be great. I deleted the messages on my end so I will not be able to resend them. On the tracking, I show the e-mails still active and they have not been read.

Thanks!!

Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register