Rash all over | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rash all over Rash all over

Unread 06-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Rash all over

I have a rash all over my body after 4 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? I look like a tomatoe and it really itches.

TAH/BSO due to scaring and fibroids
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2005, 03:17 PM
Rash all over

Signbuilder, Have you tried any new bath or laundry products? It could be a reaction to medication, if it doesnt clear up by tomorrow I would call and talk to the dr. Hope you get to feeling better soon. Carol
Unread 06-19-2005, 09:07 PM
Rash all over

Hi Signbuilder,
I had a rash like you're describing, but before my hyster. I don't remember what my doc called it, but she gave me some anti-biotics and cream, and it all cleared with a week or so.

You'll probably just have to go in and have your doc check it out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Rash all over

I have a rash, I guess it is hives but I am pre op. I think mine is from the lupron shot I have had it for weeks now. They gave me steriods but I did nothing. I was also told it couldn't be from the shot (but I know thats what it is)Are you taking any medications?I hope yours goes away, I know how irritating it can be.
Unread 06-20-2005, 12:25 PM
Rash all over

Thanks, glad to know that I am not alone. Went to doc and he said I ws having a reation to something in the air that is in bloom. He gave me steriods, there goes the 20 lbs I lost for surgery
and some stuff for the itching. I'm just glad that it had nothing to do with the surgery.

Thanks all for your incouragement and support
Unread 06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
Rash all over

I don't have it all over, but I have it on both of my arms (top where the hair is) and on both of my hands (top). I too am itching so bad it is making me nuts. I thought at first that I had developed an allergy to cranberry juice, so I stopped drinking that a little over a week ago and that has not helped. Yesterday we went for a car ride to the ocean with the top down and today my right arm is really bad, so I'm thinking maybe I'm allergic to the sun? I can't stand it any more so I made an appointment to see a dermatologist this afternoon.

Now I have to write down all the different meds I've been on since surgery YIKES! What kind of steroids were you given? oral? I have tried the benadryl creams and they do nothing at all. Tried something funny, Listerine mouth wash, just poured it on and that seemed to help. I was told by a health care professional that Listerine helps with fever blisters on the lips from the sun, so thought what the heck I'll give it a try!

Hope your feeling relief very soon!
Unread 06-20-2005, 06:13 PM
Rash all over

Johanna,
Hi...
I have a tendency to develope hives as a reaction to just about anything. I am going thru an episode now-am allergic to something again! The hives get pretty severe w/me.

Once I had a particularly bad case & couldent quite figure out what was causing them...they would be very bad in the summer & clear up in the colder months. I read an article in a womans magazine talking about med interactions...turns out the high blood pressure med I was on was interacting w/the sun & causing the hives. During the summer I love to lay in my hammock in the sun--heaven on earth! That little bit of exposure caused me sooo much misery!

I ended up changing the type of med and that was that!
So check out that possibility; the meds and sunlight.

Hives are the worse...that infernal itching!
Good luck
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Rash all over

jmtmubu2
I have a problem with the sun also, I break out in hives very itchy wherever I am exposed to the sun. when I took my son to a dertomologist he said that they have to figure out what is triggering the reaction to the sun. I don't take any meds at all.
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Rash all over

Thanks Blondey and cazcan,

I went to the dermatologist this afternoon and she took a biopsy of one of the bumps! I was not expecting that at all. She told me to avoid the sun completely and gave me an Rx for some cream. I'm to soak my arms in warm water and apply a small amount 4 times a day. She said to return to see her on Thursday.

She did not say anything about hives and it would be pretty weird to biopsy a hive, don't you think? I asked her why she was doing a biopsy, was it cancer, and she said no it is not cancer, but the biopsy will help me to determine what it is. She thought I was having a photosensitivity problem, that is being sensitive to the sun right?

I'm on Synthroid, which I think makes you sensitive to the sun, blood pressure medication as you mentioned cazcan, the antibiotics in the hosptial, Macrobid for 5 days and now Erythrocin, maybe the combination of all these drugs or anyone is causing the problem. I just don't see why the biopsy, but hey it is done and I'll see what she says on Thursday. I also had a biopsy of a skin tag on my chin. It is always something lately
I had thought of having some cranberry juice tonight and then decided the heck with that. Wait till all of this is cleared up, then try it and have a true elimination test.
Thanks ladies for your help.
Unread 06-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Rash all over

hello everyone

I am taking a tablet call Methylprednisolone. I have noticed a change in the rash, it is starting to go away
Thanks for all your support and just knowing I am not alone is so comforting.

TAH/BSO scarring, fibroids

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register