belly button sore 5 days post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

belly button sore 5 days post-op belly button sore 5 days post-op

Unread 08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
belly button sore 5 days post-op

Hi
I had a total robotic hysterectomy on 8/22/12. The area around my belly button is bright red and the inside of it is sore and itchy not bleeding tho.
Did anyone else have this. I tried bacitracin ointment and it has helped some I'm just really getting concerned. I go back to the dr on the 4th.
All other incisions are healing well. Other than that I feel good. Started walking around house and am not lifting anything.
Thanks
annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Re: belly button sore 5 days post-op

I'm two weeks out and my belly button is still red. Apparently it's bruised even though it looks a little different than my normal bruises. The itching is normal. You'll probably experience that for a little while. When is your first post op? Happy healing!
Unread 08-31-2012, 08:44 AM

My belly button itched like mad too...doctor told me it was probably glue that got in there and it was ok to use hydrocortisone. After my shower I took a Q-tip and GENTLY cleaned it out, then put hydrocortisone on it... That itch went away soon, hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2012, 11:31 AM

I had this too but mine had a little pus looking discharge also. My dr said my body was having an OVER reaction to the sutures. I had to GENTLY rub it with warm cloth & keep it draining. It healed & quit itching & hurting after a few days. I would DEF tell your dr though
Unread 08-31-2012, 02:56 PM

My belly button incision was still bleeding at the 6 week mark. Doctor just told me to keep putting neosporin on it. Wearing jeans probably just rubbed it the wrong way. Was doing good with the stretchy pants, they just don't look right in the work place.
Hope you heal quickly!!
Unread 08-31-2012, 05:01 PM

had same surgery las friday and my belly button insicon opened up. but i put triple antibotic onitment on it and its still open but looking much better now and dr said it looked ok at check up today.They say the the belly button one is the worse of the 3 or 4 incisions because its where the camera went in causing more brusing and swelling from all the moving around.
Unread 09-01-2012, 02:30 AM

Thank you all. Follow up is on the 4th. All other wounds healing nicely. Tried some bacitracin using atop its still bleeding a little...worse itch I ever had wish I was forewarned about it looking and feeling so bad.
Unread 09-02-2012, 06:28 AM

Annie556: Hang in there! Everyone heals differently and everyone responds differently. It only gets better from here forward. Tomorrow is 3 weeks and things are only getting better each day! Your body will remind you if you over do it!
I'm glad I have you sisters to learn and share with, not everyone understands.
Unread 09-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Thank you all for your replies. Belly button is doing a little better with bacitracin on it. Still itches likes heck tho. Found out jut how my body would tell me when I do too much. Learned just because I feel a bit better doesn't mean I'm healed.
Going to dr on tuesday for follow-up.
So glad I have found this site and wish you all well!!!!!
Unread 09-12-2012, 10:47 AM

Thanks the belly button was infected so the doctor said but it looked better than after surgery. Gave me antibiotic to take. find its rather difficult to sit for long as it hurts when i go to stand up.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register