3 months out & having some symptoms | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 months out & having some symptoms 3 months out & having some symptoms

Unread 10-05-2010, 04:18 PM
3 months out & having some symptoms

I had a davinci with removal of both ovaries and can't take hormones due to cancerous tissue. i was doing great until this week. i am super sensitive emotionally, crabby, and hurt all over. anybody else in this same boat? i think i just need someone who is feeling the same way to talk to about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Re: 3 months out & having some symptoms

I am further along in recovery but yes, I felt that way, especially in the first few months. I was very emotionally unstable at times and my moods were up and down.

I still have more body pain than I ever did and I think that's just a symptom of menopause, unfortunately.

I am not on HRT either and it has been a struggle. But, on the up-side, it has gotten better over time. As many other women will proabably tell you, it can take a year or so to feel like yourself again. It happens gradually but it does happen.

Try to be patient with yourself and ask others around you to be so as well. And, try not to make any major life decisions. I found that I really didn't know who I was or how I felt for a while. It was frustrating but a new me was born also. So, something good came out of it. I guess the changes gave me time to reinvent myself.

Hang in there and I wish you the best!

Unread 10-06-2010, 07:31 AM

It has been three months for me now, and have been full time at work for three weeks. I feel exhausted all the time, feel like I could sleep for days but in reality if I go to bed early I am awake in the early hours.

The belly is still swelling up in the late afternoon and is uncomfortable in the evening. I still get twinges on my left side and the bladder is still settling down.

I am struggling to cope with the expectations of people at work - who expect me to carry on as normal. When they ask how I am - they really want me to say I am completely fine. I have said that I am struggling with my stamina and they look at me blankly. Most of the time I feel isolated and I could collasp in tears - but I don't. I am usually a strong confident person but feel so fragile. Apart from work, after 3 months of not doing very much at home there is so much that need attending to. Dust and grime on those high surfaces, the windows are dirty, the garden is a mess - and it all seems too much to tackle at the weekends when I need to recover from being at work all week.

This feels like a proper whine - but it is good to write it down somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2010, 05:48 PM

thanks for responding. it is just a struggle. i recently went back to work in Sept and it has been really difficult to work and i feel like a wuss for not being able to do it. my sleep is so screwed up it makes it very hard. also i have been feeling super anxious and that isn't normal for me. i don't want to turn into an overly sensitive whack job !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register