post op recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op recovery post op recovery

Unread 10-05-2012, 06:11 AM
post op recovery

I am 41 years old and had a partial hysterectomy due to fibroids. My surgery was on 9/18/12 and Im still running a fever btw 99.5 to 101. My ob is not very helpful. I also get stabbing sharp pain in my abdomin and bladder area. At night is usually when my fever spikes n I get chills n cold sweat. Also my whole body aches like a really bad flu. Is this normal? Please help me, I cry every day from the pain. Im also paranoid and afraid to takr my painkillers (percocet).

Please help me understand what the heck my body is going through.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Re: post op recovery

I'd demand to be seen. I have had none of that. Fever and chills were both things I was told to call the dr for ASAP. I hope your doc listens to you.
Unread 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM

It sounds like you have an infection of some kind. That's exactly how I felt when one of my UTIs was diagnosed. Infections don't always come with a high fever. I agee you should keep pushing to get in to see your doctor. If they keep putting you off, I'd go see my regular MD. You know your body better than anyone else.

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2012, 08:02 AM

I agree that yoou should be seen. If you can't get an appointment with your surgeon, make one with you primary care doctor or go to the Er.

Pain management is part of your healing so if you are in pain you have to take something. I don't like pain medicine either and although my doctor wanted to give me something stronger, I managed with 600mg ibuprofen. So you don't have to take the percocet, but maybe a lesser pain medication will work for you but if you are in pain you should take something and try not to wait until the pain gets too bad that it takes to long to work for you. I pray that you start to feel better soon

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM

Thank you all for tge support. My husband has left numerous messages with the OB no return call. He is taking me to my MD today.
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM

Good luck with your MD today. I refused anything stronger than Tylenol 3's from the hospital. I don't normally take pills for anything. My recovery too has been horrible. My sister-in-law being a nurse told me, if my fever spiked after midnight, get to the ER because that means infection! I have been managing with Tylenol every 4 hrs and ibuprofen every 4 hrs, 2 hrs apart. I hope you're ok. Good luck at the Dr.
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM

Bella,
Thank you. OB gave me ibuprofen 800 but it hurts my stomach. I feel like a whiner when Im trying to explain whats going on with my body. Regular Tylanol works for the fever but not the body aches and sharp stabbing pain in my lower abs. I dont understand why the nurse I spoke with think its ok. She said "well if youre fever isnt 102, than you shouldnt be concerned" Hello my fever is ongoing for 17 Days.
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Snisme-sorry it's not working for you! That nurse sounds like an idiot! I hope your dr. helps you better!
Unread 10-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Update Ladies, just saw my MD and hes very concerned about my INFECTION. He gave me antibiotic injection, ordered blood work. He was upset the OB didnt do anything for 17 days. Turns out the OB is on vacation and no one bothered to tell us while Im suffering. You all have been helpful and hoping Im on my way to recovery.
Unread 10-05-2012, 03:46 PM

Amazing how we gotta fight to get proper care !
Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register