6 weeks - anyone else feel like recovery is taking FOREVER? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks - anyone else feel like recovery is taking FOREVER? 6 weeks - anyone else feel like recovery is taking FOREVER?

Unread 06-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Re: 6 weeks - anyone else feel like recovery is taking FOREVER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint1028 View Post
Amen @Cocopop! I missed out on all the end of the year things with my kids because I simply couldn't do it and I was stuck in my PJ's! It finally got warm enough that I can wear the 3 summer dresses I have. Gotta love not having any clothes to wear, literally.
I know!!! I figure my husband gets so sick of seeing me in old 'sleep shorts and a screen printed tshirt (mostly free from his work events) so I try to put on an actual "top" with capri pants and that lasts about an hour and it's back to sleep shorts and crappy shirts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2013, 01:03 PM

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that changes clothes like that. I thought maybe I was crazy! Ok, I am crazy, but that's another story. lol I'm sitting here in a pair of grey with blue polka dot sleep pants and a swallow me whole t-shirt from a local radio station. At one point I resorted to putting my panties over the drawer pulls of our dresser to try to stretch them out! That didn't work too well. They put some serious industrial strength elastic in the waist of those panties. I gave up and went and bought granny panties. My husband laughs and says "Well, you are a grandma after all." I did buy silky ones though. Gotta have something sexy in the wardrobe.
Unread 06-06-2013, 01:19 PM

Cocopop1971 that's totally me my husband went to get a hair cut as soon as we got back I'm taking off my shirt sports braw and capris. I trade them for my husbands pj no underwear or his boxers the cute ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2013, 02:17 PM
6 weeks - anyone else feel like recovery is taking FOREVER?

LOL cocopop1971! I was just looking at my weed eater yesterday but I was so sore from overdoing it the day before I thought I better let it go......at least just for a day or two ;-)
Unread 06-06-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnative1974 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely on the mend. It's just that I'm getting so impatient.

I'm still have some achiness and my sleep is weird. I spend too much time on the couch. I suck at work. Not working out.

When will I be normal again??!!!!!
I feel the same. I just started week 5 post-op, and I still need narcotics. Have a crampy abdomen and sharp pains around my ovaries. My hairdresser had the same procedure, and she went back to work after 10 days. Unbelievable. I still feel fragile. Hard to envision me going back to work in three weeks.
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:07 PM

My recovery has been like a roller coaster and I tried pruning a shrub and arm shook so bad at 5 weeks I couldn't lift it for 2 days I cant believe how eak ive become, I just played catch with the dog for 15 min and sitting on the couch for a bit then im going to make supper and keep the couch company again, then I will shower and then hold the couch down so it doesn't move. I am 7 weeks post op And I think I just have to build my stamina back up. good luck to us it is hard and frustrating!
Unread 06-06-2013, 06:23 PM

msnative1974, we're hyster-twinsters, so I'm at the same 6-week mark. I totally recommend the 5, 8, 10 minutes of outside walking, noted up thread. It'll be tough, but worth it, physically & emotionally.
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:08 PM

I wish I could do a 'multi quote' so you each feel my love and attention... *sigh*
We have two small dogs, I try taking them outside...my balance is still CRAP and when the leash gets wrapped around any leg I start to freak out and want to start crying... it's absurd.
Who can get a "too tight line" on their stomach from underwear? ME!!!
AND if I could snap a photo of my underwear I just bought yesterday , oh god...they ARE GRANNY PANTIES...but I got the 'low rise brief' and somehow felt so...SEXY!
I really need to let my husband read everyone's posts...
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller526 View Post
LOL cocopop1971! I was just looking at my weed eater yesterday but I was so sore from overdoing it the day before I thought I better let it go......at least just for a day or two ;-)
We have 100 neighbors who have all asked "if there is anything we can do to help, just let us know".... like who is going to say "hey neighbor, want to weed eat my fence line or wash my car"?
I had a man neighbor outside while I was WRAPPING UP THE WATER HOSE, and he said.."I saw you with the weed eater and thought, wow, what a woman...she just had surgery"... I laughed and then thought, duh...why didn't you come and ask to help?
Unread 06-06-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 View Post
Cocopop1971 that's totally me my husband went to get a hair cut as soon as we got back I'm taking off my shirt sports braw and capris. I trade them for my husbands pj no underwear or his boxers the cute ones.
I think my husband just lost his new pajama pants..there is an idea I never thought of.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register