Almost 3 months now - No regrets | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Almost 3 months now - No regrets Almost 3 months now - No regrets

Unread 09-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Almost 3 months now - No regrets

Hi Everyone

Just wanted to let you all know its almost 3 months now and I am doing well. Much better than I thought I would be. This was the best thing I did, with my uterus being the size of a 5 month pregnancy, and 2 large fibroids, and lots of small ones that started to create long perioids. Its so great not to worry about getting a period every month, no more ultra sounds for the fibroids, no more endometrial biopsys, and lots of relief that its all behind me. Had watched my fibroids for 7 years, and they grew from small to large, and then the bleeding began for weeks at times. Was hoping menapouse would shrink them. (it never happened) I've been back to work since June 28th, and I'm doing well. On the days I do get tired, I do what my body needs me to do. Rest! Even the young girls I work with get tired, so I wonder if its just normal, and not the part from the surgery. Anyway Good Luck to all of you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers. I will say it again. Thanks so much for this site, and the wonderful ladies who helped through a very difficult and scary time in my life. Would love to give back the help that was given to me!

Lots of s to you ALL!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2006, 07:43 PM

Thank so much for taking the time to come on here and let us princesses in waiting know how well you're doing. Each time we read this type of post, it reassures us who are waiting and scared. It helps ease the fright of our surgery coming up knowing that we will do ok and feel better for it.

Glad you're doing so well. Thanks again!!!
Hugs
Unread 09-08-2006, 08:07 PM

Cathy,

That's a positive update. I thank you too, for coming back and posting too. It is a nice reassurance, and it's nice to see how well you are doing post-op too, and don't suffer as before. What a relief, huh?
It is a scary time, and it is nice to have this companionship here.
Thanks again, and take care!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-08-2006, 08:38 PM

Yes -- a wonderful and refreshing post. And just this week I started to feel middle-aged... so the observation about the young up-and-comers was nice as well!
Unread 09-09-2006, 05:20 PM

Thank you so much for the encouragement. It means so much and helps calm my nerves!
Unread 09-09-2006, 05:31 PM

Cathy,

Yes, thank you for your encouraging words. My date is less than a week away so it is good to hear from someone who has been through it and is doing so well. Take care.
Unread 09-09-2006, 05:33 PM

hearing how we do after surgery is such a relief . the good and teh bad I know I need to take with a grain of salt because everyone is different.....but so happy you are doing well
Unread 09-09-2006, 10:58 PM

I agree...my surgery was July 5th. I have lost most of the enormous stomach I had due to fibroids, my skin looks better, I have more energy, and most improtantly I am feeling like my "old" self again. I have absolutely no regrets. good luck to all of you. Stay on this site for support...the sisters are the BEST!!!

PS my hairdresser, who has been doing my hair for 15 years, saw me today and said I have never looked better. i told her, i haven't FELT this good in 15 years!! LOL
Unread 09-10-2006, 02:48 AM

Thank you for the encouragement! It does mean a lot. Great that you care about us who are waiting for our turn. It seems that the risk of complications for TAH is about 50 % (in this part of the world) so I appreciate any positive image to guide me through this.
Unread 09-10-2006, 03:26 AM

Dear Cathy,

Dealing with the same sort of ....!, know I will be glad when it's over, but feel like I'm just going to die. Thanks for the GOOD news of feeling like 15 yrs. ago, cause if I cant go back even 6, I'm GOING TO GIVE UP AND NOOOOO< I"M NOT DEPRESSED! 2 days out from surgery, Sep.12, not scared just wishing I could go....be comfortable, and lovable again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register