Just had my hyst | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just had my hyst Just had my hyst

Unread 09-10-2006, 03:27 AM
Just had my hyst

Hi all, I am new to the forum, but I have been reading it over the past few weeks and have learned so much from that. Thank you!
I had my surgery on Fri., reoval of uterus, R ovary and tube. It was done with a laparoscope, and the first day was pretty excruciating, although now it is tolerable. I still feel a heaviness, especially if I am getting out of bed or haven't moved in awhile. Once I get going though, it is uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Also, my bleeding has stopped already. I can see I am well on my way to recovery.
I decided on the surgery, because I kept getting cysts on my R ovary, and also my uterus was contracting alot. It was so unbearable, especially at my time of the month, that I missed time from work, missed activities w/ friends and family, and got tired of spending a fortune on ads and tampons every month. Also, God forbid one of the cysts ruptures, it was a pain stronger than I had ever felt. This was definately the right choice for me, I have 2 healthy teenage girls.
Well, I just wanted to share my story, and commend everyone who post their experiences and advice on this site.You have helped me in unmeasureable ways, and took alot of my anxiety away. If there is anyway i can even BEGIN to repay your words of wisdom, I'd like to. Even if you just want to talk, vent, whatever.(Also, I will have alot of time on my hands, being off work...LOL)Thank you all again, good luck, and God Bless!! Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2006, 09:30 AM
Just had my hyst

Hi catgreeneyes35,
I just wanted to welcome a new sister to the site! Glad to hear you're doing well but take it easy and remember to pamper yourself. Get lots of rest while you're off work. s
Justine.
Unread 09-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Just had my hyst

Thanks Justine, I am taking it easy, my family has been great. I really am happy that I found this website. Did u have the surgery done also?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Just had my hyst

Your welcome. Yes I had a TAH (07/31/06). I have 2 teenage daughters and a 10 year old son and a dh. My family have been wonderful and I recently returned to work. I work at an elementary school the support there has been great. I still get tired by the evening and my swelly belly is improving. I feel so much better and each day there is improvement.
Unread 09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Just had my hyst

well the swelly belly, I can DEFINATELY relate to!! It looks like your hys was a little more involved than mine..as it was explained to me, mine was done the "easy way". How long did your pain last? Mine is still pretty painful. I know that is to be expected but I am a big BABY....LOL. Also, I still have 1 ovary and my Dr said I may experiebce some hot flashes until my one ovary realizes it's doing all the work now. I tell ya, I am hot for SURE! All sweaty and my mouth is so dry for some reason I can barely swallow food. I didn't know if this is part of this experience or not, but I hope this other ovary starts picking up the slack!!! Thanks again for responding...my family is supportive, but sometimes it's betterr to talk to someon who has been through it. Thanks a million...Lori
Unread 09-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Just had my hyst

Hi Lori,
At the end of week 3 I started getting around alot better I was taking short walks. By week 4 I had stopped the strong pain meds because I was "out of the loop" the dizziness and cloudy head was too much.Since then I used Ibuprofen as and when I needed it.As for the belly it's just tender and swells slightly in the evening.... though i'm very careful when around students at school and i'm starting to get some of the feeling back!I had a problem with my appetite but that's much better. I have lost 10lbs I did absolutely nothing at home as my family made sure it was all done.Everyone is different but from then on it's been uphill for me.It's the best thing i've done. I still pamper myself! You can PM me anytime you need to talk or have any concerns. I would be glad to help. Hope this helps.
Justine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register