Scheduled LAVH Am I the only one thinking of things this is going to interfere with? (kids mention) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Am I the only one thinking of things this is going to interfere with?  (kids mention) Am I the only one thinking of things this is going to interfere with? (kids mention)

Unread 05-07-2009, 02:17 AM
Re: Am I the only one thinking of things this is going to interfere with? (kids ment

Hello ladies:

These sort of things can be rather difficult but it is ok. I am a divorced mother of 3 (11, 10 & 9) and I have joint custody with my ex-husband. He has the kids one week and I have them the other. So even though it seemed I should tell my family first I had to tell him to work out an arrangement with him. So first I had to pick a date for my surgery, when the kids are already with their dad and then he would keep them one additional week. My best friend moved in with me a week ago to help me get the house in order. My mom said I stayed to far away so she bought me really cute pj's and said, "let that man take care of you" and so he has.

He has really been a gem, he cooks for me, let me sleep when I am tired and wakes me only for something major like work, lol. It is going to be somewhat difficult for him because he and my middle child don't get along (my son has ADHD) and they constanly fight but he is really trying so I can not argue there.

I am sure I am not going to miss much, I have contacted all the kids teachers and event planners and so forth so the only thing I will truly miss this year is 1 of 2 social vactions (and this year is a big one), bought a new ball gown and everything. But the one thing my frat sister said to me is, "You take care of everything, please let us take care of you." So I am going to kick my feet up and rest until I drive myself nuts trying to get better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register