A few more questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A few more questions A few more questions

Unread 10-16-2005, 12:10 PM
A few more questions

Hello sisters! I am having LAVH on Nov. 14, and I have a few more questions. The first is that I keep seeing a message when I sign in that says "If h.s. has helped you please upgrade to crown jewel....I can't afford to do this or buy the thru the land of hyster book, is there a way to borrow this book from someone? 2.) Did anyone else have trouble using tampons associated with their endometriosis? 3.) Does everyone have to do bowel prep and/or vaginal prep pre-op or is that a doctor decision? 4.) How long will I have to wait to pick up my children post-op? 5.) Thank you all so much for your support. This site is a Godsend, and it is a blessing to have found it...have a great day! ~ bearah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 12:23 PM
A few more questions

Yeah< I have Endo and I'm due for my surgery at the end of this month or beg of next depending on when this new infection I have now goes away but I just wanted to comment on the tampon issue you asked about I have had Endo again and again sinc 15 years old and when its bad I can not even think about wearing tampons because of the pain I'm not exactly sure why that is but yeah xoxoxo
Unread 10-16-2005, 12:50 PM
A few more questions

Yes, this website is a Godsend! I am at 6 months post-op and I still come on once in awhile to try and send advice when I can. I honestly don't know what I would have done without this site!!
Anyway, as for the bowel/vaginal prep, I guess I was lucky , I did not have to do either!! All I had to do was not eat after midnight the night before surgury, which was easy to do since I had to leave for the hospital at 6:00am anyway!!! I was surprised when I read how many women have to do it! I don't suppose it would be that awful though, I did have to do it when I had to have a colonoscopy. I'm sure you'll be fine, hey, you've already gone through having children!! Hope all goes well with your surgery, and please remember on days when you're feeling poorly, there TRULY IS light at the end of the tunnel and there really is life after a hysterectomy!!! Many days I'd get discouraged, but now, 6 months later--it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm sure it will be for you too!!! Take care, zanylynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2005, 07:26 PM
A few more questions

Hi bearah!

I can help you with a couple of your questions:

Your doctor will instruct you on whether or not you have to do bowel prep. Some patients do; others do not. Your doctor makes this decision and will let you know.

As far as picking up your children, it might be six weeks or longer, depending on how much they weigh. I suggest you add this to your "list of questions" to ask your provider at your next medical appointment. Remember to have your kids step on a scale before you ask your doctor, so that you can provide accurate information.

Many s and Best Wishes,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register