vaginal Bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal Bleeding vaginal Bleeding

Unread 10-22-2010, 09:23 PM
vaginal Bleeding

I had a laproscopic hystorectomy in Aug 2008.Tonight I am lightly vaginaly bleeding bright red blood.Has anyone else had this,and if so what were you told was the cause? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-22-2010, 09:38 PM
Re: vaginal Bleeding

Did you keep you cervix? If so, you could be having your first "mini period." That happened to a friend of mine.
Unread 10-23-2010, 06:03 AM

Your surgery was 2008? Did I read that correctly? If that is true, call your doctor ASAP. That is not normal. Not to scare you but two years post op and you are suddenly bleeding. Get to a doctor now-probably go to the er. It sounds like you need to be checked out NOW. Hopefully nothing major but two years post op doesn't sound right. Hope you feel better. I am not trying to scare you but the dates just set alarm bells off in my head. Sending hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-23-2010, 07:59 AM

I don't think I kept a cervix. It seems to have stopped but I feel a little crampy still.I just called my gynocologist and he said it could happen,to come in on Monday and he'll check it out.I'll post what he has to say about it. Thank you for replying.
Unread 10-23-2010, 11:50 AM

I am glad you have called your doctor and hope your appointment goes well on Monday!

I know your heart can stop a bit when you see blood post hysterectomy, however, try not to panic! There are many, many reasons for vaginal bleeding post hysterectomy and most of them are not a major health problem!

For one, it is possible you have your cervix. If your lap surgery was the LSH, laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy, you have your cervix. If you also have your ovaries, mini periods can occur.

If you don't have a cervix, believe it or not, there can still be some granulation issues involving the cervix years post hysterectomy! That can cause some bleeding.

If there is any chance you have some type of infection from a vaginal one to a UTI, you might see some bleeding.

Is there any chance you had endometriosis? That can cause some bleeding.

Sexual intercourse can sometimes cause some bleeding.

Hormonal imbalance can be a cause, especially if there is some vaginal dryness.

Some ladies end up with some spotting when they have had a cyst.

As long as you are not having bright red bleeding that fills a pad an hour, you should be okay until your appointment. If you do start flooding and have intense pain, do get to ER, Urgent Care, etc.

Keep us posted on what you find out!
Unread 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM

I just returned from my doctors appointment.He cnfirmed what I had thought,but was not sure,that both my cervix and ovaries were removed.The bleeding stopped yesterday about noon,and he could not tell from my internal exam where the bleeding was coming from. Prior to my hysterectomy,I had bled heavily and continuously from May till Aug.when I had the surgery.Since a D and C in June had not stopped it,I was on massive doses of hormones that also did not work.After I had the surgery a biopsy found a tiny encapsulated carcinoma,which I was given the option to have radiation or not,as there was only a 15% likelihood of it recurring.I opted to get it.I had 4 weeks of radiation which made me very sick and jandiced and I had to have two pints of blood.If I had to do it over,I would not have had radiation.Because of this history,as a precautionary measure the doctor has ordered a CAT scan. He says he is not anticipating any problems. I pray he's right.Thank you for all the information,I will post the results when I get them.
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:50 PM

(((norimar)))

Thanks for updating us! I am glad your bleeding has stopped--though, yes, that does it make it harder for the doctor to see where it is coming from! Isn't that just how things seem to go?! Murphy's law I guess that our symptoms stop by the time we get to the doctor's off!

I hope your CT scan results are clear and find and there is no recurrence issues or new concerns related to your prior carcinoma.

in there and keep us posted!
Unread 10-26-2010, 03:59 PM

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I will be praying that the CT scan is good and that you are fine. Sending tons of hugs
Unread 11-08-2010, 09:49 AM

My gyn.called me early this AM to tell me that results of my CT scan are "unremarkable" It did show a small cyst on my liver,but he says that it is of no concern at this time,but will redo the CT scan in one year. He couldn't say if this caused the bleeding,but thankfuly,I've had no further bleeding. I'll let you know if anything else transpires.Thank you for all of your input!!! norimar
Unread 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM

(((norimar)))

Thanks for updating us!

I am sure it is frustrating to not have an answer for the bleeding but a relief to know the CT scan didn't show anything scary!

If you start bleeding again, try to get right in to your GYN or GP and hopefully they can figure it out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register