First Check up and Test Results | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First Check up and Test Results First Check up and Test Results

Unread 08-16-2013, 10:32 AM
First Check up and Test Results

Hi Ladies:
I went to see Dr today for my check up. We sat down in his office to discuss the results from the lymph nodes. I sure wish I had someone with me because I'm beside myself now and just want to jump off a bridge. What I got from this was nothing was conclusive and something about a tumor and aorta and the doctors will get together next Thursday to discuss if I need further treatment, chemo and he will call me. I am just beside myself. I take everything so hard and I'm my worse enemy because I research things on the web and make myself more upset. Now I wait another week. Not knowing is driving me nuts.
Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2013, 11:43 AM
Re: First Check up and Test Results

Hello there, Sending you comforting thoughts! Try not to google too much, stick around here and get the support without all the other stuff. Maybe you should try calling your Drs office again to get some clarification on at least some of your questions? Might give you some peace of mind. My Drs assistant gave me her email as well and I did actually use it twice for questions I didn't want to wait for answers for! If neither of those are options, every time you think of a question or concern, try writing it down on paper to take along with you to your next appt/or ask when they does call you. I did this for my "these can wait questions" and it worked great. It allowed me to get it off my mind for a bit, but still have a reminder to ask the question when I had the chance. Wishing you well! ((((HUGS)))))
Unread 08-16-2013, 12:48 PM

Sending my thoughts and prayers to you!!! I hope you get some answers soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilona16 View Post
Hi Ladies:
I went to see Dr today for my check up. We sat down in his office to discuss the results from the lymph nodes. I sure wish I had someone with me because I'm beside myself now and just want to jump off a bridge. What I got from this was nothing was conclusive and something about a tumor and aorta and the doctors will get together next Thursday to discuss if I need further treatment, chemo and he will call me. I am just beside myself. I take everything so hard and I'm my worse enemy because I research things on the web and make myself more upset. Now I wait another week. Not knowing is driving me nuts.
Thanks for listening.
The waiting is THE WORST! All kinds of crazy things go through you mind. I understand completely. If you still have questions, call the Doctor's nurse and ask them to explain things again. When I got my bad news, I didnt really hear what they said. I needed to hear it again.

Prayers coming your way for sure.
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:09 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:32 PM

My prayers are with you love!! Hugs
Unread 08-22-2013, 06:35 AM

Ilona,
How are you feeling today? Did you get the info you needed. You can ask for something in writing too, so that you can go over it, or take it to your primary and ask them to explain it to you.
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:25 AM

llona ~ keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and an extra (((HUGG))) too!
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:33 AM

Hugs, and prayers for a good report. So sorry you are going through this

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register