TAH Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy

Unread 06-05-2017, 03:17 AM
Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy

Morning ladies,
I've not posted before, but am in my 6th week post op and doing well. I just wondered if anyone else has struggled with a very sore tummy? I'm due back to work next week but still have to wear soft baggy clothes as touching my abdominal area (not just the area around the scar) is very sensitive. I had to have 10 days of anti-coagulant jabs so I was wondering if it could be this, but there is no superficial bruising anywhere. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2017, 05:56 AM
Re: Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy

and

What you're describing sounds similar to the nerve pain I had between two incisions. It was a burning/tingling, felt like a deep bruise with no visible signs of bruising, and the skin in the area was numb. It was very sensitive to touch. When I resumed wearing fixed waists, they had to sit below that spot, but for the most part I stuck with looser, soft waistbands through 6-8 weeks. It took 4 months before I could lean up against a counter, and another two months before I was able to carry my phone in my exercise belt against that spot. The last time I "noticed" that spot was around 10-1/2 months, but it was intermittent and had long ceased interfering with activities. It can take up to a year for the nerves to heal, and some Sisters have a permanent area of numbness.

Unread 06-05-2017, 09:29 AM

Hello, Lavender!
I'm also at almost 6 weeks after my TAH and ONLY able to tolerate loose clothing. Drawstring pants are my best friend.... Wearing my support binder really helps, I still wear mine all the time.
My scar feels like a hard woven braid, and I'm still swollen around my incision, like a bulge all along it. Still experiencing no feeling in areas as well.
I believe this is all normal. This was a major surgery with a major incision after all!
Wishing you only the best for your continued recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Re: Abdomen area super sore to touch 6th week post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender2707 View Post
Morning ladies,
I've not posted before, but am in my 6th week post op and doing well. I just wondered if anyone else has struggled with a very sore tummy? I'm due back to work next week but still have to wear soft baggy clothes as touching my abdominal area (not just the area around the scar) is very sensitive. I had to have 10 days of anti-coagulant jabs so I was wondering if it could be this, but there is no superficial bruising anywhere. Thank you!

Hello, I am at almost 5 weeks. My tummy area is sensitive from time to time. I have been wearing sundresses and very lose pants when going out. At times even the sundresses brush up against me and it irritates me. Even several inches to the side of my incision. On a few occasions I just took the dress off and walked around without a top on for a few hours. The sensitivity comes and goes. It's all about the healing process and the nerves according to a nurse.

Feel better soon!!
Unread 06-07-2017, 03:01 AM

Hi, I'm 6weeks post op on Friday. My tummy is still tender and is definitely sore by the end of the day, but not quite to the extent you're saying. It may well be the injections, but perhaps a quick call to the Dr or your consultant would put your mind at rest?!
I still have to wear baggy stuff as it feels uncomfortable to have anything tight on my tummy - not necessarily my wound area, but my tummy is slowing deflating.
Apart from you being sore, I hope in yourself, you are feeling much better?!
X x x
Unread 06-07-2017, 08:25 PM

My abdomen is sore too, but it's like the whole thing from a bit above my belly button down to the bikini line, hip to hip, but about an inch under the skin. So, i don't think it's the skin itself. Maybe abs or something? It feels bruised or something.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register