SAV and bladder repair (sling) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

SAV and bladder repair (sling) SAV and bladder repair (sling)

Unread 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
SAV and bladder repair (sling)

Excited at the prospect of not peeing on myself anymore, but scared. Bladder repair is post op uncomfortable, or is the hysterectomy overshadow the bladder???? What to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Re: SAV and bladder repair (sling)

Hi,

I had a TVH and TVT 8 weeks ago. I really have not noticed much of a difference in my recovery of which surgery was harder. If I had to guess I would say for me maybe the bladder lift? Then again there are many women here who post of experiencing bladder problems after surgery and they did not have a bladder lift. I do know that the bladder goes through alot of trauma during all of these surgeries. For the most part my surgery recovery has been pretty smooth. A few issues here and there (bladder spasms, feeling like uti but not one, weak urine flow in the begining) , but nothing major. I will say this though...I did not have really bad periods, pain etc. before the surgery. I had the surgery because of the uterus and fibroids that were growing so big and pushing on my bladder . My urine incontinence was sooo bad. I would just stand there and talk to someone and have urine leak. I was sooo tired of poise pads that had to keep increasing in absorbency. Finally I did tons of research on both surgeries , learned all the negative and positive.I went to 2 separate doctors and got both their opinions. So far it has been the BEST decision I could have made. I am now sneezing, brisk walking , laughing with NO LEAKING! Good luck to you on your surgeries.
Karen
Unread 09-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Re: SAV and bladder repair (sling)

Hi!
I didn't have any bladder repairs done.
My bladder was very sore after the surgery anyway, because they move it or whatever they do....like I'd have to pee but it would take me 5-10 minutes to get my bladder to release. That didn't last long. Everyone registers "pain" differently...my bladder felt more intense than my tummy did (that registered as a dull pain), so it *might* be that your bladder will grab your attention more?

Either way- we're here!

Nicki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register