Surgery 8/16...regret the decision | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 8/16...regret the decision Surgery 8/16...regret the decision

Unread 09-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Surgery 8/16...regret the decision

So, I had my surgery about 4 weeks ago. No complications. It was tues, I went home fri. Then, the following Monday, I went to ER with fever and was admitted for four days of IV RX. Came home.

I have 3 under age 5. The older two were gone to daycare and I had help during day for 1year old.
Today is the first day with all 3 and no help.

I havent been able to eat hardly due to constant nausea. Many days I have low grade fever and chills (around 99.5). And yesterday, I did something so stupid. It was naptime and my 4yo went and woke the 3yo up and got in her bed. I tried telling him to get out. I ended up yanking his 40lb out without thinking.

TMI: yesterday morning I was so constipated and ive never seen so much blood. It freaked me out. Then, since then I've had nothing but bright yellow diarhea. And just feeling oh so sore!

When will I feel normal again???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Re: Surgery 8/16...regret the decision

So sorry for how you are feeling Clcope. Everyone seems to be on a different time frame with ups & downs. One day I feel that "normal" is close, then the next day it seems like I will never see "normal" again. Hang in there we are all here to support you!
I would suggest following up with your Dr, regarding the bleeding and constipation.
Is is possible for the 2 older children to go back to daycare even for half days? You are taking on a lot by yourself. Big (((hugs))) to you.
Unread 09-12-2011, 02:52 PM

Ask your dr for something for the nausea as my pain meds made me vomit alot. pain meds can cause the constipation too. OTC softeners can help if its a daily thing. You dont want to strain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2011, 04:17 PM

If you are bleeding heavily, have fevers etc, I suggest going to see your doctor ASAP or go up the ER...it may be something needing attention. As for the constipation stool softners can help...I'd still recommend going to your GP as soon as you're able.

Also, is there anyone to help you with the children or as mentioned, can they go back to daycare for a while?

Wishing you wellness xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register