Bleeding with Lupron on board | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding with Lupron on board Bleeding with Lupron on board

Unread 05-29-2003, 12:01 PM
Bleeding with Lupron on board

Hi All,

Haven't needed to post for awhile now, but there have been a few changes to deal with. Was originally going to have SAH on 15 Aug 03, but after reading about possibility of mini-periods and talking to my Dr. again about the rather large fibroid sitting right on top of my cervix, have opted instead for a TAH. Don't want to risk having any more bleeding as I've been severely anemic for the past year already and didn't realize it until this February. Still want to keep my ovaries, but also have endometriosis and won't know the extent of involvement with the ovaries until Dr. takes a peek inside!

Have now set surgery date for 18 Aug 03 so that I can attend my graduation (Associates) on the 15th. My boss told me not to skip the ceremony and she would come and as I cross the stage. She has been so supportive of school and my need for surgery!

My other issue is that I'm now 1/2 through time from having a 3-month Lupron shot (17 Apr) and today am having some bleeding. So far is just rather heavy spotting. Talked to nurse at Dr's office and she said to watch it for now and call if becomes more of a flow. Anyone else have bleeding well into Lupron treatment? Also feeling a bit crampy and blah.

Sorry post got so long & thank you sisters for all your help,
Mary Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2003, 01:20 PM
Lupron

I had three months of treatment with this type of drug and bled for the whole time - from March 8th to May 13th (the day of my op). I got so sick of tampons and pads, thought it would never end.

My gyn told me that it can happen as a result of the estrogen withdrawal.

Mel
Unread 05-29-2003, 03:27 PM
Bleeding with Lupron on board

I also had 6mo. of Lupron. It did really well for me for the first 3 mo. But then low and be hold aunt flow came visiting again. Now she does'nt want to leave. That is why I am having a LAVH on June 24th. Maybe the Lupron will start to work again for you. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2003, 06:45 PM
Lupron

I received my first Lupron injection April 11 and began bleeding 3 days later. I called the Dr. and she said it was normal. I expected it again after 2nd injection on May 9 but so far nothing has happened. I have 7 days to go before surgery and I am hoping that the April cycle was the last. Best of luck!
Kristi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register