Can't stop crying. 9 weeks post hysterectomy. Is this normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't stop crying. 9 weeks post hysterectomy. Is this normal? Can't stop crying. 9 weeks post hysterectomy. Is this normal?

Unread 04-11-2015, 01:36 AM
Can't stop crying. 9 weeks post hysterectomy. Is this normal?

Hi Ladies,
I'm 9 weeks post op on Monday and physically I have been doing great. Pain is minimal and only if I've been overdoing things. Initially I had planned to return to work in the office (I'm usually flying as cabin crew) at 6 weeks but my GP advised I wait until week 8 earliest. At that point I was very emotional and quite anxious so agreed it was probably for the best. My finances were a huge stress unfortunately as I had stopped being paid by my employer but physically and mentally I wasn't ready to go back at 6 weeks. I Went back this week for 2 days but the problem I'm having apart from sheer exhaustion and slight pain is my emotions. I feel so depressed and emotional. I'm getting the full range of drama, anger, anxiety and cannot stop crying at everything, happy or sad or even just for the hell of it!
Is this normal, should I just give it some more time or should I go see my GP again about some medication.
My problem is I have suffered with depression and anxiety in the past which I had been managing without any medication. I was hoping that post op, this would become even easier as I wouldn't be battling with pain and hormone swings from fibroids and endometriosis etc. plus I would be able to start getting fit and that would really lift my mood.
I haven't been this low or anxious for many years and although I managed a couple of days at work, if this doesn't improve I'm not going to be able to return to my managerial role as a blubbering, snotting, scared looking air hostess isnt a great look!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you ladies
I forgot to mention, I had full abdominal hysterectomy and I'm on HRT high dose. ��
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2015, 02:52 AM
Re: Can't stop crying. 9 weeks post hysterectomy. Is this normal?

I would love to be able to offer you some advice but I am grossly under qualified in this area. I really think you need to talk to someone. Maybe they have your hrt all wrong ?

Hope you can find the help you are asking for.

Take care
Unread 04-11-2015, 03:50 AM

Thank you for coming back to me. I will get an appointment with a doc next week and hopefully get this sorted.

Have a great weekend
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2015, 04:44 AM

I think that's a really great idea. Please take care of yourself.

Have a lovely weekend too.
Unread 04-11-2015, 05:16 AM

Indeed...my doctor told me that occasionally HRT requires some tweaking. Keep going back until you feel "right". I suffered from terrible hormonal problems for years before my surgery, so I can totally empathize. Fortunately my HRT is working well.
Unread 04-11-2015, 10:38 AM

I suffer from depression but the last 3 years I was able to manage with out meds. Two weeks after my hysterectomy I went back on anti depressants. I am also on a minivelle patch. Overies were taken too. I felt that I needed it and went baCks om them
No shame in that. Ask your doc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register