21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness 21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness

Unread 10-11-2015, 09:20 PM
Re: 21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness

Hi all,
Yes it feels like the crease of the right leg is where I feel it mostly and I just remembered I had a heating pad (3 weeks later) which helps but still mostly lying down alternating between couch and bed. My teenage daughter wanted to trade places thinking "lounging" in bed a dream come true
Anyhow hope everyone is improving every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2015, 11:44 PM

If you use chiropractors, you might go get adjusted. I was out so much in my hips and lower back from the position we were put in during surgery. I had the lower back pain that nothing helped the first night, then about week 3 it came back with a vengeance. Went to the chiropractor and helped a lot. Depending on the day, heat or ice helped.
Unread 10-12-2015, 03:34 AM
21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness

Just want to say thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences. It makes me feel less alone!! My hubby is great but I feel alone in this still and I feel bad for complaining to him all the time about my situation, so I try not to do it...

I feel like I want the days to move faster so the healing can come sooner. I'm bored because I dont have energy to do almost anything and because I feel soreness and burning pain, which kinda gets worse when I move around. After two weeks I sometimes felt a stabbing kind of pain which I needed painkillers for, now after three weeks its more of a burning pain. I take painkillers about every second day.

I can relate to what you all say about the pain is moving a bit around, and takes different forms almost on a daily basis. This is so unpredictable, which is a big challenge for a controlfreak like me!

Lots of love to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2015, 04:11 AM

Kristine,

I think you're at the stage where some of your internal stitches are starting to dissolve. My surgeon told me it takes up to 6 months for the last ones to disappear!

From 3 weeks+ I had random aches and pains, sometimes stabbing and I'm sure it was the stitches.

Also your other organs are still moving about and filling up the space where your womb was.

Take gentle exercise, don't lift things and rest when your body tells you to.

Unread 10-15-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
If you use chiropractors, you might go get adjusted. I was out so much in my hips and lower back from the position we were put in during surgery. I had the lower back pain that nothing helped the first night, then about week 3 it came back with a vengeance. Went to the chiropractor and helped a lot. Depending on the day, heat or ice helped.
I have really wanted to go to a chiropractor but I am scared to, I think it would really hurt - with the drop table slamming you onto your stomach, and then pressing hard into your lower back which compresses your tender insides??! I did forget to ask my surgeon about when it would be safe (he was always in a hurry!) but since he is so old-school in all his medical views, I think it's very likely he doesn't even recommend chiropractors at all. Think of standard doctor's opinions 30 years or more ago, and that's him. =P Nice man otherwise.
I know my lower spine is badly out of whack, and it isn't getting better How long was it after surgery before you went and how much did it hurt those tender parts?
Unread 10-16-2015, 12:41 PM

I waited 6 weeks but there are women on this site who went a lot sooner.I never asked my doctor when I could go. A good chiropractor has more than one way to adjust. Mine was so worried he hurt me I had to laugh. Instead of the drop table (my preferred method) he used the hand machines (forget what they are called) that will relax and adjust.
Unread 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM
21 days post hysterectomy: Hip pain/tightness

Hello Ladies.

I'm 3 months post op. Had a total hysterectomy with vertical incision in July, just left my ovaries, everything else has gone. I honestly have to say I noticed a marked improvement in my healing at week 7. That was when I was noticing no pain rather than some pain. I have to admit that I am still experiencing some tugging pains down both of my sides, my hips get sore at the end of the day and I still get swelly belly now and then but mostly when I've had a busy day running around. I saw my consultant last week I was told that even after 3 months I am still healing internally but I have been discharged from their care now - yay! A good friend of mine is a Consultant Physiotherapist and she reminds me constantly that a hysterectomy is a massive and major operation and certainly one not to be underestimated and to be kind to myself. I try to look at it as I have the rest of my life now to enjoy with no fibroid or endometriosis pain so a little me and R&R time is deserved and I put my feet up and look at what a journey the last 3 months have been. It's so nice to finally feel normal. I've even bought myself some pretty white underwear for the first time in years!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register