Abdominal after c-sections???? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdominal after c-sections???? Abdominal after c-sections????

Unread 03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
hyst after c section

I do not know if this will help but my sister in law has had 3 c sections and they want to do a TVH but the only thing that is being monitored right now is the size of her uterus hoping that the uterus shrinks a little if not then she will have to have it the other way. and i am scheduled for TAH due to the size of my uterus, and I have had 1 c-section. it all depends on the procedure I hope this helps a little. Dr.s know best....
  Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianwren
I have been looking for some information as it looks like I may be going ahead and having a hyst. after all.
I'm just wondering about the types. I have had 3 c-sections and I'm curious if that makes it necessary or at least more likely that I will have to have the surgery done abdominally as opposed to vaginally. Does anyone know or have any experience regarding this?
I go to see the doc on Tues and I am trying to go in with as much info as I possibly can. I'm a bit scared so I'm hoping some research may help so I don't get too many surprises in the office.
I would appreciate any advice or info.
Thanks and 's,
Kimberley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Abdominal after c-sections????

if it's pain that is your problem, removing the adhesions might be all that is needed. I had lap surgery to remove adhesions after my cesarean.
Unread 03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
surgery

I have lap 4 times and that is all I can take and I had an ruptured ovarian cyst, I have cystcele, adenomyosis suspected endo and a hystory of ovarian cysts and enlarged uterus I have tried all kinds of meds, and now it come to a hyst. Thank you so much for your responce.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by not convinced
if it's pain that is your problem, removing the adhesions might be all that is needed. I had lap surgery to remove adhesions after my cesarean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2006, 09:12 AM

Fret Not!

I had 3 C Sections and one Laproscopic procedure to remove a gallbadder, and then an abdominal total hysterectomy with abdominoplasty. My doctor also stated that my uterus and ovary was high in the abdomin and that an adominal hysterectomy would be best. With that being said, I figured if I had to be cut again, I wanted to have a tummy tuck done to get rid of my apron of fat after losing fourty pounds. I'm in week 4 of recovery and since I had the tummy tuck, I was put in an abdominal binder immediately. I truely think the abdominal binder made a world of difference in the recovery. I was able to move in and out of bed better, the only pain I had was with the muscles that were repaired. My incision looks great, especially considering I tend to keloid. I do get the light tinges and felt little pulling in one side. I contacted the doctor and she explained it was the organs shifting a bit. Since organs were removed the body naturally fills in the space "wew".

Overall, I have been satisfied with the abdominal approach and had very little pain - completely off prescription pain meds after week 2.

Good luck and God Bless!
Unread 03-17-2006, 06:58 PM

HI Canadianwren,
I am nwe here, actually my first reply to someone! I am choosing to have a Hysterectomy, have fibroids & heavy bleeding. I also had 2 c-sections. I see my dr. April 10th to schedule surgery & whether or not I want to leave ovaries in or take them out. What are you doing about that? I need to make a list like you and the dr. did tell me that, I saw him today. Good luck with your surgery, I will be looking for your posts after you have it done.
Unread 03-17-2006, 09:08 PM

I saw your message and I too am going for a hysterectomy, leaving the ovaries though. I am also with the heavy bleeding and fibriods. I want to have a tummy tuck also. I did have one emergency c-section which left bad scaring and a pouch. Will my doc do a tummy tuck or does a plastic surgeon have to do it?
Unread 03-18-2006, 06:26 AM

[b]Rina, if your dr. does the tummy tuck that is so worth the pain!
Good question!
Unread 03-18-2006, 09:32 AM

I have had 2 c-sections...was wondering if insurance paid for the tummy tuck or would I have to pay the extra?????? I joke about having a butt in the back and front and I'm tired of it!!! I would love to have a tummy tuck to get rid of it!!!! Has anyone had a tummy tuck with their hysterectomy? If so, is it more painful? Did insurance pay? Thanks for listening!!!

sew-4-fun
Unread 03-21-2006, 01:54 PM

In my case, I had to pay for the tummy tuck. I went to plastic surgeon who specialized in reconstructives surgery. After researching TT, I didn't really want my ob/gyn doing it. The cost was well worth it. I had an apron tummy that hung down about 1 1/2 inches into the pubic area and went from one hip bone to the other. I also had major scars from the gallbadder removal - my navel looked terrible and the other scars from the scope were raised and itched like crazy. The surgeon worked with my ob/gyn like they were old friends - yet it was the first time they worked together. He did the incision opening, she did the hysterectomy (I had everything taken: cervice, remaining ovary, and womb - don't want them opening me up again for female issues - 4x is enough); then he did the TT with muscle repair and contouring (without lipo - by pulling the side musles in and placing an internal girdle/mesh to hold the musles), gave me a new navel by using one the scar left from the gallbladder removal, and he did the close. This guy has been give talent from God. I scar really bad and my incision is very smooth after 4 weeks. Can't weight to see how things will look when all the swelling is gone.

For me, this was my consolation prize for having to have a hysterectomy.

PS. I financed the TT and glad I did't just have the ob/gyn remove the apron and leave the muscles and other scars untouched.

Hope this helps and that you have a really great surgical team and fast recovery.
Unread 03-21-2006, 05:11 PM

Well, 6 days post op now and I'm a bit sore and slow moving, but I am getting better every day.
I had to have the surgery abdominally due to the c-sections, but it turned out to be a really good thing we did it that way. He fixed up a lot of scar tissue and adhesions. He also found that the left ovary had a ruptured cyst on it bigger than the ovary itself. He couldn't stop the bleeding, so he had to remove the ovary. Let's just say that that side feels like it will take a little longer to heal. That was always the side I've had the most pain on anyway....now I know why.
So I'm on the mend and still have one ovary.
If he had tried to do the procedure vaginally, he would have had to go back in abdominally anyway.
Good luck to all of you who are still trying to fix all the details and questions. Just remember things don't always go as planned. They did a spinal drip thing on me that was supposed to keep me from feeling most of the pain for about 24 hours. Didn't work. My toes were a bit numb when I woke up...but I could feel everything. Then they put me on morphine through my IV with a button for me in case I decided I needed an extra dose. Only used it twice cause I almost threw up.
Best advice I can give anyone is to be prepared to go with the flow. Thank goodness I had a great doc and fabulous nurses.
Best wishes to all of you,
Kimberley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register