Just had my 10 week check up | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just had my 10 week check up Just had my 10 week check up

Unread 03-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Just had my 10 week check up

I just had my 10 week check up this morning. At my 6-week post-op check up my insides were still "enflamed", so had to come back at 10 weeks.

I didn't have a pelvic exam, he just asked me some questions. I told him that I had the nagging pain in my pelvis as recently as 2 days ago, but these days I only have it if I overexert myself. A month ago it was still almost constant.

He said that the reason that I'm healing more slowly than I should is that I have not had an opportunity to rest after having major surgery. (I am a single mom and I can't drive because I have epilepsy. My family was almost completely useless after the surgery.) He assured me, though, that over time that pain in my side will go away completely.

I am happy to report that I have had only one migraine since my surgery. I had them almost every day when I was on birth control pills, and at least once a month when I wasn't on them. The last migraine was definitely not one of my worst, either.

Also, my clothes fit better. For no apparent reason I lost about 6 pounds after the surgery and kept it off.

Also, my peeing problems are gone!

And my ovaries, which at first were freaking out (I was having night sweats and hot flashes right after surgery.) are fine now and I feel better than I have in a long time.

I was worried that any change in my hormones might affect my seizures, but I don't think it has had a noticeable impact.

So, I'm glad I did it. I hope everyone else is feeling well too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2006, 12:47 PM

I'm happy for you that you are feeling better. It sounds like you are now on the fast track to full recovery. Good for you.
Unread 03-23-2006, 01:39 PM

Congratulations...........There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Take care............s...Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 11:33 AM

This is a little off topic, but at my ten week check up, my doctor asked me if I needed any more pain meds. Like a total idiot, I said no.

That was idiotic for two reasons. #1 is that I seem to have dangerous allergic reactions to migraine meds, so so far I have to treat them myself with pain meds left over from surgeries. I went to the emergency room in December because imitrex gave me heart palpitations and tightness, tingling in my chest, which was very frightening, but it did not relieve my migraine. After making me wait for four hours they sent me home and told me to keep taking imitrex. They didn't even give me anything for my pain. I honestly think that doctors work in my town because no other place will have them.

#2 is that the next day I developed an absessed tooth. Today is my 5th day of agony. My face is swollen. I am in so much pain that it makes me cry. They want me to go to a town that I can't get to (because I can't drive, due to seizures) to have a root canal. That dentist, though, can't even see me for a consultation for 8 more days.

They said that if I have a root canal I'll still have to pay for the crown, medicaid won't cover it. And it will cost about what my kids and I live on in a month.

If a doctor ever asks me if I want pain reliever again, no matter what, I'm saying yes. I feel like I have a hatchet in my jaw. My left eye is swelling shut a little.

Well, at least I am not struggling with adenomyosis while I go through this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register