Tummy Very Sore And Swelled.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tummy Very Sore And Swelled.... Tummy Very Sore And Swelled....

Unread 08-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Tummy Very Sore And Swelled....

My tummy is extremely sore and there is a lot of pressure. It is definatelt swelled up. Is this what they call swelly belly? I feel pregnant! Also I have gained 10 LBS since surgery on 2nd. Is that normal?

Miss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 08:10 PM

Yup,sounds like swelly belly to me. I don't know about the weight gain. You could be retaining a lot of fluid. I know when I came home my fingers were swelled up, between the IV and drinking a lot of water, you could be retaining a lot of fluid, take it easy. If it gets too bad or you're really concerned about it call your Dr.
Unread 08-06-2007, 08:16 PM

I used heat for the pain and cool ice pack things for the swelly belly. As for the weight gain talk to your doc. He or she may be able to help. Otherwise keep drinking because what goes in has to come out eventually!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:26 PM

I feel like even the tops of my thighs are swollen, I was just looking in mirror and I look bruised, like I have been used as a punching bag. I feel like 1 step forward & 2 back.
Unread 08-06-2007, 10:40 PM

mine was on june 11th, and yes big big swelly belly and 15 pounds within 4 days hm, my legs to my thighes and fingers also were so swollen.. I lost all of it plus 5 more pounds . on the 11th of aug will be my two month post-op... I was not told this from my Dr either (swelly belly and legs) and boy did I let him have it on my first post-op,, why didnt you tell me my body was going to do this and his reply was didnt want me to worry before hand... Just drink drink drink, water stick w/your fruit,fresh grilled veggies, and protien and you will see... oh and Activia yogart..works, slow walks after two or three weeks(dosnt have tio be far)
I have been on my 5th yoga class as of tonight, she told me its hard to think what I was like just two weeks ago , still some shaky but getting stronger at my own pace. You guys pray for me, I start back to work, special ed in about 7 hours, can tell I cant sleep......
I pray you take it easy, I sure did , and still am not allowed to swim in the lake yet or lots of vacuming.... try to sleep, I had to ask my Dr for something after the 2nd week.. seemed up all night, and I am not on hormones, removed everything, cut hip to hip... sweet dreams
north ga mountains..
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:16 PM

Could definitely be swelly belly! However, beings I had a large, hard bulge and mine turned out to be internal bleeding, I would suggest verifying with your doctor that you are okay. I had no other symptoms of internal bleeding until after my doctor diagnosed the internal bleeding. Needless to say, rather than releasing me from the hospital, my stay was extended!

We do have an article regarding swelly belly you might find helpful: Tummy -- Swelly Belly Help.

s
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:50 AM
swelly belly

bsister4-

You are about 3 weeks ahead of me in recovery, I just weighed myself today first day home from castle, have not had regular diet since last Wednesday and have gained 5 pounds since going in to castle. I am very swollen, and thought that my butt and even legs are swollen! Humm, maybe I am not incorrect... I did not do too much today but shower, dress and get home to rest. several trips to bathroom. I am using ice packs, did you?
What city in Utah are you in? I have been there on several vacations and was planning on returning first of September, but not now, with the surgery, unfortunately.
If I gained any more weight than this I will be in shock and horror! I have no appetite still.
Unread 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM

ktys
I am in So UT (Cedar City) near Zion etc, I went to Sports Auth today & got some tie at the waist capri's for my swelly...I am just hoping by 20th I can wear normal clothes for work. Mornings are good but evenings I am ever so swollen and I try to take it easy. I read a book called Twilight about that area, I went up there on a vacation a few years back I loved it! Take care!!
Unread 08-07-2007, 03:11 PM

The nurses told me at the castle that the weight gain was from the ivs. I was about 10 lbs heavy in the castle. I don't have a scales at home so not sure now.
Unread 08-08-2007, 05:38 AM

I am 3 weeks post-op today. I had LAVH with bladder sling, but since the Dr. had a tough time taking my uterus out, he nicked my bladder, so I had internal bleeding for two days before having to have my bladder repaired. Ended up staying at the castle for 8 days with IV, Foley catheter, Jackson Pratt, and Supropubic Bladder drain. Couldn't eat until day before discharge so I came home only losing 3 pounds and VERY swollen with the drainage bag and staples.

Anyway, I'm home two weeks tomorrow, belly gets swollen at night, and I feel like the incision sites are constanly tugging and pulling...and I promise, I am doing nothing but going to the bathroom and preparing my own meals!! My DH, and kids (19 and 15) have been absolutely wonderful. Mom just left today to return home and I go for my post-op visit this afternoon, with LOTS of questions!!!

And speaking of the bathroom...it still hurts to have a BM. I feel a bit constipated, although I am drinking lots-probably not enough-eating Activia every day. Another possible reason for the swollen belly?

Anyway...things are better every day! Our school starts on Sept 6 (?) and I am so anxious to get into my classroom to begin to set things up. It's frustrating to know that I can't move things, pick things up, or stretch to hang things!! Between that, and graduate school it's gonna be an interesting fall, huh??

Good luck with your recovery! Things improve a bit each day. And THAT is good news!!!

God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register