Husband mad at me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband mad at me Husband mad at me

Unread 10-26-2012, 12:18 PM
Husband mad at me

So I have been out of surgery for almost two weeks and my husband is mad cause I didn't clean the floor when I dropped my drink... We have only been married two months but I definitely don't need this crap this early on
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2012, 12:48 PM
Re: Husband mad at me

(((hugs)))

When he's more receptive to listening, maybe gently remind him, that although wiping something up off the floor seems like a very basic task, that it involves several movements that you have been explicitly told to avoid.

Cleaning up a mess off the floor, whether you made it or not, isn't worth any injury or setback it could cause in your recovery.
Unread 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Nope you don't need that and you definitely should not clean it up and I hope you didn't. Big Hugs the sisters are here for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2012, 01:26 PM

I asked mine to help with shopping and paying bills in the runup and since my op and he's taken up magic cos he can't account for what hd spent and thinks some money has just disappeared Urgh.
I wish he would budget, he hasn't taken it just bought things out of budget that we can't afford.
Unread 10-26-2012, 01:47 PM

I'm sorry hon. Sometimes men can just be so insensitive!!! I'm very lucky that my husband is really helpful and very kind. He's not perfect but none of us are. My ex husband whom I was married to for 12 years was a complete jerk in that respect. One time I got a stomach bug, got up for work, went to walk to the basement to get clothes out of the dryer and half way down the stairs started violently throwing up. I ran upstairs to the kitchen sink and called for him to help because we had an infant at the time who I needed to tend to. He yelled back to me and told me "what do you want me to Do about it?"and he went back to sleep. um I don't know, ask me if I'm ok???, go get the baby and take care of him while I'm puking??? Needless to say he was never there for me for anything and I finally had enough of his BS and divorced him because he didn't treat me or the children right at all. Very verbally abusive. Not sure why I just went on that rant but your husband should be more supportive. Maybe he just had a bad day. Try to talk to him about it another time when he's calm and tell him how it made you feel. Nip that in the bud so it doesn't become habit.
Unread 10-26-2012, 03:27 PM

I agree with what the other ladies have said so I'm not going to repeat things. I do have a tip for you. I'm almost always barefoot just me so during this time I've become very skilled at picking things up with my toes! I'm not saying your husband shouldn't help but when you're alone it's something you can try. I did need help when I dropped an ice cube!
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:29 PM

P.S. After re-reading this, I also wanted to say that I think we are all extra sensitive right now and may get upset easily. Hang in there! Keep your chin up : )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register