31 and scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

31 and scared 31 and scared

Unread 03-24-2004, 11:09 AM
32 and scared, too!

I'm 32 with 4 great boys - ages 12, 7, 4 and 3. Also had a beautiful baby girl in between the 7 and 4 yr old, who is now my little angel in heaven. I'm so thankful that my family is around - geographically, speaking. But your family can offer great support - even if it is long distance. Basically, now is the time you need help and you need to let that be known. Your family will find a way to help you, whatever way they can. Talk to your hosp and ins co, too. Maybe you can have a nurse come help you at home for the first couple weeks at least. If you can swing it financially, your DH can take a "family leave" of absence to help you out, too. This is tough. My prayers are w/you. It is enough to deal with having to go through the surgery, hoping for a decent recovery and the best outcome possible. To add to all of that the stress of finding a way to make sure your kids are cared for -- it's almost too much to handle. Hang in there!

LAVH is scheduled for end of April, exact date TBD, for uncontrollable bleeding, pelvic pain, fibroids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Hi Erica

Hi there! Just wanted to say hello and wish you well. I am also 31 and I have 2 girls, 10 and 7, and a little guy who is 4. My LAVH is tomorrow and I hear it is much easier to heal from than a TAH, mainly because you arent coping with a larger incision and staples. I'm nervous as well but now have come to grips that I am out of control from this point on. Gotta put my faith in God and my DR. It's so hard because here at home my DH is out of town alot so I am the one who handles everything...meals, cleaning, discipline, you name it. Now is one of the first times ever where I won't be in control with what happens to me and its scary...and normal I'm sure.

Hopefully there will be someone who can help you Erica. The last thing you need is to strain yourself too soon and you could really cause some damage. Thank goodness my DH boss is letting him have 10 days off to help me. Even though we cannot be there physically to help out, we are hear to listen to you vent if you need it or offer any advice we can. These girls have become my best friends..."sisters".....you couldn't describe them any other way!
Unread 03-24-2004, 11:45 AM
31 and scared

Hi, my surgery is April 5 too. I will be 33 next week, having the LAVH w/ ovaried & cervix removed. My DH already had a week vacation scheduled that week, so, he told me to schedule my surgery then. Thank God I have him to help. My boys are 10 & 13, so, they will be able to help alot too. Here is a thought, do you have any cousins or aunts or anything that don't work that maybe don't live close, but would be willing to come and stay and help you? Also, like was mentioned in another reply, if you talk to your insurance and explain your situation, they may also pay for home health to come in and help. Lots of luck, and keep us posted.

Annie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register