Warning to 5 weekers wanting to take on more | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Warning to 5 weekers wanting to take on more Warning to 5 weekers wanting to take on more

Unread 05-26-2006, 05:40 AM
Warning to 5 weekers wanting to take on more

Hi everyone, I just wanted you to know, just because we're feeling good and more active doesn't mean we should take on more. I learned this yesterday. I was feeling great, swell belly was gone, no pain, high energy level etc.. So I took it upon myself to scrub the house from ceiling to floor, organizing the cabinets and doing the laundry, while my DH was at work ( that way he couldn’t tell me not to do it). I even played soccer with my youngest, I didn't run for the ball, just walked and kicked it lightly.
Well now I'm paying for it! Swelly Belly is back, My stomach muscles hurt like the dickens and even a slight touch with my hand to my stomach makes it feel like I was hit with a base ball bat and now I'm back to the hydrocondone pain meds. Feels Like I'm Back To Week Number 2.
So Please Beware and Don't Take On To Much Your Body WILL SCREAM AT YOU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2006, 05:53 AM

Very good advice Kaycee. You sound alot like me. I would wait till hubby was gone and do stuff and then pay for it that night with soreness, swelly belly and swelling in area where perenium repair was. And 5 weeks was about the same time I began to feel like taking on more things. Take things slow and work yourself back up to normal activities. I am at 9 weeks and I still swell in the perenium area and get swelly belly if I do too much. Pain is pretty much gone but your muscles have to readjust to working out again. Take it easy and you do get better!!! 7th week was my big turning point.
Unread 05-26-2006, 07:35 AM

I agree with you both - I am at my 5/6 week mark and I felt the best the last couple of days that I have (not great but better) and I made dinner, did some laundry and just dust mopped my floor and feel it in my perineum mostly (TAH/A&P/Rectocele) I am a bit worried there is a tender spot and feels sort of bulging in my pernineum that I did not feel before - I hope I did not mess up anything. Boy I never realized how heavy pots and pans, jugs of milk were. I am just so frustrated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Thanks for all of this insight. Is the burning sensation the clue to adhesions? My burning pain was on the right side (with soreness) and now it is on the left side. I do still have swelly belly still. I'm feeling really good, but I've tried not to do very much lifting. I am doing more than I did before, but I find that I need to rest frequently. I get myself very flat and do my internal exercises and deep breathing. Yoga stretching is still helping. I am finding the downward dog (done gently) is something I need to do. It relaxes my back and inards and gets the blood going to my head. !!!Don't do this if you have high blood pressure!!! Next week I go out of town for a job interview, so I'm glad I'll be at week 6.
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM

Thanks for the good advise Kaycee. I am almost at week 5 and I have felt like a million bucks the past few days. I want to do exactly what you said and scrub my house from top to bottom. After reading your post I will definitely not jump into it with both feet!! I don't want to be back to square 1 with the pain because that is no fun!! This site is so wonderful because we can learn from each other.

Thanks
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:32 PM

Peace2006, I had my tah the same day as you and i too have been feeling like a million bucks the last two days. My problem is doing to much driving. My daughter graduates tonight so there has been a lot of driving and errands(she doesn't haveher liscense yet). I really need to clean my house badly but just can't bring myself to do it as i don't want to mess things up. Dh told me that on payday next week i could hire someone to come in and really clean for me so i have hired someone to come in and get things done. She is going to do all 3 bathrooms, dust vaccumm, mop, windows whatever i want done. I have her for 8 whole hours-worth the money if it keeps me from hurting myself.
charlene
Unread 05-26-2006, 01:35 PM

I've Learned My Lesson!! Stomach is still swollen and sore but not as bad. I tried heat for the first time and it was a great help. Now I'm going to just pamper myself until the dr gives me the all clear to be wonder women lol.
Unread 05-26-2006, 02:48 PM

Thanks to all out there, its great to have feedbck from other in in the same boat who are able to give some practical advice. I am now in week 4 and doing realy well but after reading some of your messages
I think I will slow down on some of my plans for the next few weeks.
best wishes to all.xxx
TAH 29.4.06
Unread 05-26-2006, 03:04 PM

Hi Kaycee and all!! Thanks for the advice!! I'm 5 weeks today and have had 3 pretty good days in a row (except for not sleeping well). I slept a lot today! I went to the dr. 2 days ago and he said my expectations were too high! He said I needed to listen to my body and not try to do or expect too much too soon. He said my surgery was like being hit by a truck and then the truck backing up and running over me again and again. I know you can all relate to that!! So, I'm still trying to rest and not do too much! I have that same pain in my tummy and tenderness to touch, so I'm glad to know it's not just me. Thanks, ladies, for the encouragement!!
Unread 05-26-2006, 05:05 PM

I just came back from my 6/5 week appt with doctor and I feel like a million pounds have beenlifted off my shoulders - he said everything is healing well - not ok to have sex yet but 2 more weeks it depends on how i feel - I do need tobe careful not to overdo it especially because now my husband thinks I am back 100 % - I can do more but will still get tired. It is great to talk to you all to remind me not to overdo it. Goodluck to all .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register