Trying to decide ..... need advice | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to decide ..... need advice Trying to decide ..... need advice

Unread 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Trying to decide ..... need advice

i have been told by my dr. that I need a hysterectomy. I have had 3 children, all c-section, and one weighed 11 pounds. I have pain and pressure in my lower abdomen, pain in my lower back, and an almost continual urge to urinate. The pressure and pain is worse about a week before my period and mid-cycle, and I also have pain that radiates down my thighs. My periods are regular, but heavy. Apparently, my hormones are messed up, too, causing severe mood swings. He says my uterus is tilting onto my bladder and causing all my problems. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would appreciate any input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 04:08 PM

Hi, and I'm sorry that you're in pain. Has your Dr. done any testing such as vag. ultrasound, laparoscopy etc.? I have also had 3 children, but vaginal births; one was 9lbs. My uterus is tilted also. I have endo and adeno, which was diagnosed through laparoscopy - I'm told that is the only way to diagnose it. I have endured heavy bleeding and clotting, pain, issues with bowel and bladder as a result, and get very tired. I put off having the hyster for one year. My Dr. said due the enlarged utuerus and endo, he would have to do a TAH, and remove at least the left ovary, but I would have to give him permission to remove the right if he found it was not worth saving. I put it off because I am just 42 years old, and I do not want to take hormones. But, in the last few months the bleeding and clotting has gotten so bad, that I have missed work. I am scheduled for July 11. My husband made a great comment which helped me make this decision, "You can't stop living waiting to get old". I am now actually looking forward to getting it over with and moving on with life!!! Good luck in your deicison.
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:00 PM

So sorry you are having such a hard time. I agree with NeedHealth in that your doc should be performing some kind of tests to find out what exactly is causing your problems. I was first examined by my physician and then given a a vaginal ultrasound. My doc saw things in the ultrasound that she did not like and ended up doing an exploratory laparoscopy. I found out I have fibroids inside and outside of the uterus and cysts on both ovaries. I also had a fallopian tube that had completely wrapped around one of my ovaries thanks to endo. I would not agree to a hysterectomy without some kind of test to confirm a diagnosis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM

Thank you so much for your input. I have had laprascopy because of large cysts on my ovaries. I was told then that my uterus was the wrong kind of texture. It was "mushy". Thought I had endo, but found nothing. That was just as frustrating. Ultrasounds have found nothing, too. This is a family doc, think I need a gynecologist?
Unread 04-26-2007, 08:08 AM

I'm hesitant, too, because I am just 31 years old. The comment from your husband helped me, too. I wanted you to hear something my husband said, "You have done a great job bearing my children. You've done great in that phase of your life, and now you get to enter a new phase that is less painful and better for you!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register