3 Weeks and OYYyyy, stomach lining/NSAIDS! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Weeks and OYYyyy, stomach lining/NSAIDS! 3 Weeks and OYYyyy, stomach lining/NSAIDS!

Unread 07-01-2012, 02:00 PM
3 Weeks and OYYyyy, stomach lining/NSAIDS!

Good news: my abdom surgery incision looks beautiful. And, I must say the hospital I went to was just amazing!

Bad news: 11 days out - I had MASSIVE pain in my colon from my stomach to the left ribs. Massive, 9.2 on the richter scale. I withstood it for about several hours waiting to see if it would calm down, calling the Advice Nurse several times.

It was not my abdomen where surgery was (I also had to have an appendectomy b/c fibroids had fused to it)... it was my stomach/colon I could tell. It felt like a rattlesnake was chewing its poisonous way thru my large colon on its way out! After emptying my colon, I felt better for a few minutes but then had to limp back to the bathroom and felt like I was POISONED. I felt like I might be dying. I started throwing up and that was it. We went to the ER.

After thank god pain med and all - CT (3rd one?!) showed no pancreas inflammation, but some sludgy bowel impaction). They re-admitted me to see if my bowels needed surgery. (really?! oyyy) and put me on 24 hr ice chips. I cont to have this awful searing pain, kept insisting I didn't think we had the problem nailed.

There was no c-diffida in stool when I could go. But it felt like I must have some kind of intestinal bug b/c the diarreah just did not stop once I could go to the bathroom.

All in all - it appears that the anti-inflammatorys which they were pumping me full of AND the oxycodone just trashed my stomach lining and intesinal lining which - now one week more out - I am still recovering. Can't hardly digest anything. Had another one of those huge pain colon intestinal attacks.

Acidopholus has helped, digestive enzymes - but now I had to rebuild my stomach and intestinal lining! GEES recovery would have been a lot easier without THIS!

So - fyi - watch out for all the meds they give, eat when you take them! Protect your stomach and intestines. And, good news I like bannanas! They help heal it alot - along with the great combo Japan discovered about zinc and L-carsonine together - ordering it next.

SO READY TO BE WELL!!!
(PS should you need Agape International Prayer Line is available 24 hours a day - and believe me, I had USED them several times during this, they are amazing...)

Hold me in the light
Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register