Need help!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:49 PM
Need help!!

Hi all, I had a TVH on march 12, went ot the dr this morning for 6 week post op said all is going great!!
Problem, it is now 4 hours later and had some pain in vagianal area(where the incision was made), felt something went to look at it and a bump the size of a 1/2 grape, then look at a little more with mirror and all kinds of blood and yellow pus(no odor) comes shooting out! Now there is a opening in the incision, waiting for my mom to come over and take of hte kids(all 7) have to go back to the DR!! Anyone ever have this and what it is? No gushing blood but still leaking from the hole where hte bubble was!! Sorry so graphic trying to see before i leave if anyone has an idea!!
Thanks
marcia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Need help!!

OMG!! Please keep us posted!!
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Need help!!

I am glad you are going back to the doctor. Anytime you get pus from a surgical incision, it needs to be checked. I had an abcess once between my posterior vaginal wall and rectal wall. I went to the doctor and he told me he wanted to do surgery in 2 days if it hadn't resolved. Sure enought, shortly after the exam (with speculum) the abcess ruptured. The extra pressure from the speculum was all that was needed to prevent surgery. While I am sure it is frustrating to have this happen, it is much better for it to be draining than not draining! Keep us posted!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Need help!!

I hope that your trip to the E.R. gives you some answers to what is going on. That would have been enough to scare the heck out of me!!! Please let us know how you are doing.
Unread 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Need help!!

OMG what a day!!! It was a hematoma!! They had to use a probe in the office to keep draining it, have you ever heard a such a thing!!
I have to go back in Friday again, the Dr said it was there this morning but he wanted to see if it wold dissolve on its own, but didn't want to drain it this morning and cause all the pain, so it decided to do it self!! He did have to use a probe(very very painful) to keep draining it,a nd I have to drain it a night!! OMG, this is so depressing, but it oculd have been worse!! Thank you for your quick replies!! ANy thoughts or ideas would be great,
Marcia
Unread 04-25-2007, 07:22 PM
Need help!!

I am glad you went! I know it is depressing, but at least you know what you are dealing with now! Sometimes the unknown is worse than the known! My abcess drained for about 2 days and resolved on it's own. Hopefully now that yours has drained it will resolve without further intervention!
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Need help!!

Well, went to the dr again today, still a hematoma internal, near rectum, not real painful but totally uncomfortable, need to keep drainging at home, then go back in Monday for him to do it again.
Is htere a differnce between an abcess and a hematoma? I thought an abcess was an infection? Just curious, to many things going on to understand them all@!!

Thanks for everything,
Marcia
Unread 04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Need help!!

Marcia,
Yes there is a difference in an abcess and a hematoma. A hematoma is a collection of blood. An abcess is a collection of pus. However, hematoma can become infected and develop pus. Getting either a hematoma or an abcess drained can ultimately make you feel better even if you do not feel good during it. Keep in mind, not all hematoma's are drained, depending on the location and size. I hope it gets resolved for you soon! Hang in there! Jen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register