Burning pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Burning pain

Two weeks ago I was out of town for four days. Most of those days were spent standing and moving. By the time I came back home I was the most swollen I had been, had a burning sensation in the abdomen, and pain down the inside of my thighs. I looked like I was 7 mos pregnant. It took a couple of days for the swelling and pain to go away, but the burning sensation remains. I went to the doctor for a 7 week checkup. She thought I had a bladder infection and gave me antibiotics and pyridium. She didn't bother to get the urine results from the nurse before coming to this conclusion. Also I had two areas of granulation on the vaginal cuff which explained the little bit of discharge I had, which she cauterized.

I've been taking the antibiotic and pyridium but it's not helping with the burning sensation. A full bladder makes it more noticable but there is no burning when I urinate and I don't have that urgent urge to go. I really do not think I have a bladder infection since I've had plenty of those in past and this is very different. The sensation is the same location where I would have pain when I had a uterus and was told numerous times about where I was pointing to is where my cervix is. Well, I don't have one any more.

Could the burning sensation be coming from the vaginal cuff? Anyone else have this sensation or experience and what did your doc say? I'm still taking the antibiotics just in case there is an infection somewhere in there. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Re: Burning pain

there is another woman on this site named soleil42 who has symptoms very similar to yours, maybe the two of you should talk.
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:08 PM

Hi sister I have a burning sensation that first started in my navel it went away & then like in the 6th week I started having an awful vaginal burning pain which is also affecting my bladder. I have symptoms like from a UTI but it's not . I had Davinci robotic vaginal Hysterectomy jan 28th 2010 what about you? I am going to see an Urologist now.I really hope your pain will go away soon & that you find or have already a good Dr because mine wasn't.He even dumped me with this issue.Best wishes to you & please post to see the improvements ok or if you have any questions.Big hugs & Don't feel bad for what I said I am struggling,but I will find the right physician to solve this issue after my surgery I am praying too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2010, 02:45 PM

Hi there - I also had the daVinci. So far my doc has found that I have granulation on the vaginal cuff and I believe that is what I am feeling. She also agreed that where I am having the burning sensation is right about where it is located. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with your recovery and the doc. Hopefully the urologist can help find an answer for you. Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register