Surgery/Recovery Two and half hours total /allergies/asthma no problems!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery/Recovery Two and half hours total /allergies/asthma no problems!!! Surgery/Recovery Two and half hours total /allergies/asthma no problems!!!

Unread 05-05-2002, 10:07 PM
Surgery/Recovery Two and half hours total /allergies/asthma no problems!!!

Waiting was definitely the worst part. On 04/15 I had TAH/BSO. The operating room was booked for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was told recovery was about 2 hours. With a surgery at 8:30 I didn't expect a very good day and I expected not to be in my room until 1 or 2.

At 11:00 a.m. I was in my room talking to my husband and phoning my parents who live out-of-state. No one could believe I was in such good shape after surgery (esp. me).

My family is making sure I don't do anything since I am feeling so good. At my post op the doctor said I was healing great. I kept remembering what I read on here about only having one chance to heal. I figured there is nothing that needs done that cannot wait a few weeks. That has really stuck in my head and I am so glad everyone reminds each other of that. It is so important.

Also, someone said to get diaper rash cream and have it on hand. Boy was that a lifesaver. Use it before your bowel prep and when you first come home whether you are constipated or have diarrhea.
It definitely makes sitting much more comfortable.

I opted not to have an epidural after research. They put a pump on my i.v. and I never had to use that.

For anyone having asthma, allergies, fibromyalgia
you can get through this great. I have all of the above and just thank the good Lord for being there and for this site being available and great doctors, nurses and hospitals in Nashville!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2002, 10:50 PM
Welcome home

Hi Kathy,

I had to respond to your post because of your handle (my mother's name is Kathleen Marie)....glad you're home and doing so well. I haven't received my surgery date yet, but have been "lurking" looking for happy stories/good news....take good care of yourself and keep healing well!

Best,

Lynda (Gustogal)
Unread 05-06-2002, 12:11 AM
Princess KMarie

Welcome home, KMarie! It sounds like you had a great castle stay and felt much better than I did after surgery! Wow, you didn't even need your morphine pump! But it's good your family is making you rest and be pampered. It is true that you only have one chance to heal properly and prevent complications. Thanks for posting and telling us how you are doing. s
Ruthie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register