Post LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Post LAVH

I am confused by all the different ways Hysterectomey is talked about LAV,LVS,LSH the pamplet my DT gave me said LAVH. I had this done on July 21,2006 removed large cyst from my left ovary and my uterus because of a tumor, will get lab results back this week. Left my ovaries and everything went well. I was only in the castle for 24 hours and have 3 cuts, and 3 different pain meds to take and no instructions. I'm calling my doctor first thing in the morning for more info. What is the correct term for the surgery I just had performed? Do other people have problems sleaping? Should I get some med to help with this?
self63
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2006, 07:41 AM
Post LAVH

I believe all of the abbreviations are correct. What I had was a LAVH (laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy). I also had three cuts, one in the belly button and two inmy lower abdomen. Each inscision took two or three stitches to close. I had my uterus, cervix and ovaries removed because of severe endo and ovarian cysts. I am 7 weeks post op this Wednesday. I also spent less than 24 hours in the castle and was sent home with pain meds (only one though. I was sent with Rx for two different hormones though. You may want to check and see if that isn't what you were given.

You will find that you will have your ups and downs. I am currently having a down time. At times I break down and cry for absolutely no reason. It is better than it was about 3 weeks ago. At times I feel as if I can't deal with anyone. I don't want to talk to or see anyone. I am very lucky as my family is very patient and understanding for the most part. My mother thinks that I shouldn't be so emotional but she is jealous because DH and kids are concerned and she is not getting the attention she used to. I feel like if she doesn't quit sometimes I am going to have a nervous breakdown.

I have found that since my surgery I am having to watch my blood pressure and cholesterol. But I guess that also goes with age. Doc says it may be a year before we get my hormones completely straightened out. The best thing you can do is maintain an open and honest relationship with your doc. You will respect them and they will respect you more if you tell them exactly what is going on. They can not help you if you do not talk to them.

Best wishes and good luck in your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register