Numbness 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Numbness 4 weeks post op Numbness 4 weeks post op

Unread 07-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

I was hoping some of you lovely ladies could help. I had my Hyst LAVH just over 4 weeks ago, uterus, cervix and ovaries all went plus i had a lot of endo that had to be removed. I had numbness in the tops of both legs and lower belly area as soon as i woke up. Everyone said it was normal, don't worry about it. Gradually it got a bit better. I saw my gyno after one week and by then it was really only my right side that stayed numb. He said it will all come good. Well it is now 4 weeks + and i still have this numbness. I am seeing the gyno again in a week. But I am very concerned that the numbness is now there for life. Did anyone else experience numbness and if so how long before it finally went? I would also be interested from hearing from anyone who is still numb after a good deal of time. Thank you.

Sophie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

I had an LAVH on the 12th. My right leg kind of at the crease and down the thigh was numb and sore. It still is a little bit numb. You could ask them about that again. I think though that it does sometimes take a while for this to go away.
Jeanie
Unread 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

tinrub,

I had surgery over 6 months ago. My left upper thigh was numb after surgery. The last of May, the area began hurting. The next day, I noticed the numb area was not as large. I have realized when the area begins hurting, usually the numb area is decreasing.

I still have some numbness, but the area has gotten alot smaller. I'm not saying this will happen in your case, but wanted to share with you what happened to me. I thought it may be permanent, but its proving not to be.

Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

i had numbness for a bit after surgery it slowly went away. i would ask your dr if it worries always safe than sorry
hugs
lisa
Unread 07-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

I have numbness across my belly right below my incision to my pubic bone. I also had basal cell carsinoma removed from my upper lip a little over a year ago and it's taken it a long time not to be so numb. It's not totally back but I have had others that have had a hyster tell me that they were numb, too and it took awhile for the feeling to come back.
Unread 07-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to reply and sharing your experiences. I really do appreciate it.
Sophie
Unread 07-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

I have also had numbness in my upper thighs. It is less than it was 2 weeks ago, but it is still there. I'm sure it will eventually be gone. When I had my c-sections, I had an incredible amount of numbness in my belly, but it eventually completely disappeared.
Unread 07-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

I woke up from LAVH with numbness to both legs...it was so bad that I was afraid to get up and walk; however, by the time I left hospital 2 days later, only numbness to my right leg remained. I was freaking out about it! It felt like I was touching somebody elses leg. Doctor said to try and not worry, that it should resolve. I am six weeks post op today and I only have a very small area on my right knee mostly that is not really numb any longer, just with slight decreased sensation. I was so afraid I was going to have to "live with" this numbness, but just as doc said, it did go away....so hang in there....it really should get better with time.
Unread 07-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Numbness 4 weeks post op

Thanks again ladies. My numbness is probably at its worse in the crease of the right leg and then radiates out in every direction for a few inches. I can walk and do most things. It does not affect my daily life apart from when i am sitting too long and just knowing it is there. It is reassurring that I am not the only person who woke up with the numbness. I also had a c section and do not remember any numbness with that. I was also told it could be the way that I was positioned during the LAVH. Has anyone else heard this? I thought it was nerve damage that makes you feel numb. Thanks
Sophie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register