Pre-Op 4/19...TAH 4/22...eeeeek! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op 4/19...TAH 4/22...eeeeek! Pre-Op 4/19...TAH 4/22...eeeeek!

Unread 04-03-2002, 04:25 AM
Pre-Op 4/19...TAH 4/22...eeeeek!

Got the call yesterday that my pre-op appt. is 4/19 and the 'Big Day' is 4/22/.... ...
I have spent about 5 hours on this site since loggin on yesterday...I have to say that I have rounded up some great information as well as some words of encouragement from fellow sisters. I have also read some great stories that have eased my mind, and spirit, as to what to expect and how to prepare.
Taking the advise of a few of you, I have now started to COMPLETELY clean this domain I will spend so much time in soon. Starting to make plans for meals I can freeze (for myself as well as the little piggies I live with!!) Also gathering things to read to keep myself from boredom during recovery. ~this is of course unless i read it ALL before hand to keep from going completely batty over this!!! LOL
I have also found through this experience that the friends and family around me, that we sometimes take for granted or think they do the same to us, are as close to me as they ever were. Funny how things work, it has changed my attitude about alot of things real quick, and I haven't even been through the tough part yet!
THANK YOU AGAIN for words of support....and hugs!.... I am so glad I found this site! ~Jaze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 05:13 AM

Hi Jaze!
Sounds like you're full steam ahead! It is good to be prepared of course. Just remember to take some time for you. Relax. I found in the 2 weeks leading up to my surgery, visits to the HS Chat room did wonders to calm, humor and relieve me. Do take advantage of offers of help from families and friends...You can use it and they will feel good. All the best to you!
Unread 04-03-2002, 08:29 AM

I also experienced that attitude change. That was a real positive thing that came from this whole thing.

I'm glad you have been able to prepare so well. I hope you will put all that knowledge to use now and be an excellent member of the Royal Family following your Coronation.

Best Wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2002, 10:53 AM

Jaze,

Good luck to you, my surgery is in the same day, maybe we can talk while in dreamland.

This site has helped me alot, every little question I have I post it and get really good support.

I am a very antsy person, and I know I will have to watch myself, I have to constantly be doing something, so I have been trying to think of things to do at least the second week of recovery (first week - sleep!). I am going to finish a couple of books I started reading, gather all my pictures (before surgery) and get photo albums and put the pictures in them finally. And do a couple of friends resumes.

Good luck!

archide
Unread 04-03-2002, 11:05 AM
girls

Dont do all your visiting in dreamland with out me....I am on the 23rd, so we shall all be on the post op board together as punctured princesses. I am hoping to escape the boredom too!!! I am also a constant mover and cant imagine being imobile for weeks on end. Cleaning the house it scheduled for theweek before my surgery as I have to have something to keep my mind off it. My preops are done as of today. I have begun making my phone lists for the kids and hubby. Bus schedules, lunch money etc. Next week I shall mass cook and freeze.

I sat down today and wrote down all my three day instructions, when to take the antibiotics, the laxatives, the enema....ugh!!!!

Made a list of things to buy...giant undies, gas ex, books, mags, pads (my last pkg) juice, snacks

So heres to us.....may we breeze through the next 20 days and sleep through the first 7 of recoup time....

sindee
Unread 04-04-2002, 07:16 AM
more questions

Good luck to you girls (sindee, archide, JazeGrly)!!!

I have read material my Dr. has given me and I cringed at the thought of an enema. Is this always done?

I'll be thinking about you on the 22nd and 23rd!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register