Friday is the big day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday is the big day Friday is the big day

Unread 07-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Friday is the big day

I just got my surgery date of Friday I guess sooner is better but I am going through the mixed emotions. I meet with my doc one last time on wednesday get the rest of the pre-op stuff done. I really didn't expect it to be this soon. I am anxiously waiting as I have been bleeding for 3 weeks and can't wait to get this over with but I don't know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Friday is the big day

Good luck -- sooner is better, since the worst part is waiting! What type of surgery are you having? I had LSH and couldn't be happier with the results. You'll do great! Best of luck
Unread 07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Friday is the big day

Best of luck to you. You'll be in my prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Friday is the big day

My big day is Friday also, had a little over 2weeks to get everything in order. I'm having the Davinci Hysto so I'm looking forward to getting back on my feet as soon as possible (i have 3 children, the youngest is 14months) so being down and out for a long time really isn't an option for me. I've run the gamut of emotions during the last week, but when I got my cycle last sunday and it felt like a little man was in there kicking my ovary around my uterus, ( my son(14) called it the "funky ova'ree", lol) even made a song about it. I was actually happy that that was the last time I was going to experience pain like that. I actually feel crippled when my cycle comes on. UGH!!
I haven't been real secretive about it to my kids. I didn't see the need to. Plus they know that I just had a cystectomy(sp) back in December 07, so for me to be going back into the hospital for another surgery had me floored.
One cute thing my daughter(10) said last week was "mom i'm glad you're having this surgery, that way you can go swimming with us, cause you always seem to have your period (she hasn't had hers yet) when we wanna go". Poor thing, she doesn't realize that when she gets hers, just how much her carefree life is going to change.
I've gone through so much this past year, if someone would have told me last year this time that I would be having a hysterectomy this year, I would tell them they were crazy. Isn't life amazing!!!! I survived thus far and I'll make it through this, with GOD's help!!! The dr said she's going to leave half of my right ovary, therefore I'll only have half an ovary, will I experience hormonal changes still?????
I know I''ve been rattling on but I've bottled up so much it all came spilling out, lol.
Unread 07-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Friday is the big day

Bewells,

Congrats on getting your surgery overwith. The wait is killing me and I truly believe that the sooner, the better. I'm so sorry about the bleeding...and for so long...yuck-ola. I bet you'll be sooooooooo glad when this is all taken care of.

I understand the feeling of not knowing what to expect...and I've had 8 weeks of researching, reading posts, reading hystories, asking questions, etc......and yet....I still feel like I just don't know what's gonna happen. Sometimes I think I have overloaded myself on information on this and other sites and occasionally do mental health more harm than good. But, thankfully I'm in the majority and most ladies don't have to wait as long as I have.

Good luck and Blessing for your surgery...
Just think how much better you will feel

TANK
Unread 07-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Friday is the big day

Tank, I so understand the feeling of being on overload with info! Anymore it seems like the surgery and outcome, ect is all that's on my mind.

Ruth
Unread 07-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Friday is the big day

I don't know which procedure I am having yet. I started out going to have a conization I was absolutely against a hysterectomy. I ended back in a different docs office for the bleeding and after reading all the past medical notes started talking again about the hysterectomy. I called my Doc and discussed my options with him again decided that this is the way to go and got a call July 3rd scheduling my surgery for the 11th. I am actually meeting with my doc tomorrow to find out which procedure we are going with. It's all very fast I was on holiday from work leaving me only a few days to get everything in order.
Unread 07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
Friday is the big day

so........ what did Dr. say....... what's the plan?? Just checking...I know your totally busy trying to get this all set up in such little time...let us know how it's going.

Blessings
TANK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register