58 days to go - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

58 days to go 58 days to go

Unread 12-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Re: 58 days to go

Hahaha yeah my last hospital stay turned into me sending subliminal messages through facebook to get real food. Arbys arbys arbys arbys... I stopped updating with my comedy but I keep my blog going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Re: 58 days to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkii View Post
My name is Morgan and I am 34 years old. I am a SSgt in the Air Force and live in Baltimore Maryland with my roommate Kelly (deployed to Afghanistan right now) and 3 cats. I only claim Dior and Issey as Shadow belongs to Kelly. I have been told that January 31st 2012 I will be the last day I will have a uterus and a cervix. This is a countdown to that date. Also what I assume to be my countdown to becoming a cat lady as I have heard if they take a ***** they give you one on the way out of the hospital. Yessss, I can't wait.

I dont know wether or not to start this like a bad episode of Star Trek...... Star date 5 December... journey into the final ******* or a trip down the Hysterectomy Highway but here goes nothing.

I have had issues with my lady parts and have never had a cute name for it but as of right now I will start calling it Her Royal Magesty, Queen of the ****ed (HRM,Q for short) as I feel that she hates me. I have always had painful periods and was diagnosed with endometriosis and put on a wonderful (NOT) medication called Depot Lupron which was HELL in a needle. I was 24 when this happened and I got put into medical menopause for 6 months. The lack of a period was great but the other stuff sucked big time. After the 6 months of excessive weight gain, night sweats, mood swings and hot flashes I became pre-diabetic. I must also note that I have almost always worked a rotating shift schedule which I now have learned has added to my feminine issues. After that I said **** it and I would deal with the pain on my own.

12 years or so ago I started having pretty bad unexplained back pain after a fall on my left hip but no one has been able to figure out. I now understand that my flipped cervix and jacked up uterus can be adding to that by putting pressure on my nerves in my back. Cool. Not only is my messed up hoo hah causing me pain in the front but in the back as well. **** you HRM,Q you suck. Also being flipped has had its funny parts... once a doctor shut the speculum ON my cervix and I told him that "hey buddy I need that for later" and my regular doctor was like "where the **** is it? I might need the jaws of life for this sucker" (Dr. R. rocks!)

I have had a sneaking suspicion that after my last MRI in October where they found some fibroids, cysts and a Leiomyoma that a hysterctomy was in my near future. My Grandmere died from a leiomyosarcoma and I have just been waiting for "my cancer" as every woman in my family has had some type of cancer except for my cousin and I.

The first time the H word was brought up to me was about 12 years ago right before I was diagnosed with endometriosis. I was told that I should get a double mascectomy and a full hysterectomy since cancer ran in my family and I might have the cancer "genes". Note to everyone.... do not tell the Male OB/GYN that he should cut his nuts off if he has testicular cancer in his family. He didnt like that too much.
*** sidenote... I do NOT like male OB/GYNs. How can you explain to me why I have pain when you dont have the same freaking parts as me? Also being told the "pain is in your head" by someone with a penis makes me want to punch them in it and ask where is the pain now *******?

I had my appointment with Dr. <> at Bethesda National Naval Medcial Center on the 2nd of December. She is awesome but a horrible artist. According to her, my uterus looks like a light bulb.
Now prior to this appointment I was at work talking with my friend Karen. I brought up that this may be "the appointment" and we started discussing if you get to choose which parts to keep. I didnt realize that you can keep your ovaries and just get rid of your uterus and vice versa. I think that is cool. I did ask Dr. <> what happens to the eggs since they will have no way to go.... I didnt want to get a new party trick "Come one, come all watch Morgan shoot egss out of her hoo hah" as I already have some pretty cool tricks of my own up my sleeve since all I do is work, make jewelry and dress up my roommates cat. Ok when I say it out loud I seem to have a sad existence but I have fun doing all of that so Im pretty freaking cool.
Dr. <> assured me that I would not be able to shoot eggs out of my snatch so I was relieved. I also asked her what the chances were of a prolapse of my bladder or anything since I dont know what the hell goes on up in there and figured that my cervix was kind of like the cork on a bottle of wine. She said that wont happen in most cases.

That is what I am afraid of.... most cases.... For those of you who dont know me. I am UNLUCKY AS ****. My cat popped my stitches from vascular surgery leaving me with a hole in my leg, I broke BOTH ELBOWS in a freak roller skating accident, I got MRSA from the gym while trying to get in a shape other than round and squishy and when I quit smoking I gained weight, cant breathe while working out and now need a hysterectomy. I think I was being held together from the tar from the newports I smoked.

I will probably have body parts falling out left and right but maybe I can get the wonderful trans vaginal mesh I keep seeing on the class action law suit commercials.... AND I will have a screen door on the porch of loneliness. SCORE!!!

So with my fears smoothed I moved on to scheduling my surgery. It has been scheduled for 31 January 2012. Upon telling my mother (who has no grandkids) she was cool with it. So cool in fact that she called my little brother to tell him the "court is in your balls now". This is my family.

Well I'm off to make jewelry and think about my next post.
Morgan, you sound like my kind of gal! Do you know anything more about your surgery yet like where it will be or exactly what they will be doing. I know that before I found this site last week I was completely clueless about so much! You are so lucky you found it before your surgery!
Well regardless, good luck with everything!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register