Need support and to vent! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Need support and to vent! Need support and to vent!

Unread 06-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Need support and to vent!

I'm not sure where to post this. I can't find my group any more. It has been 8 months for me. It has been a long process of recovery. I had endometrial cancer stage 1a and severely enlarged ovaries and ovarian cysts. Complete tah with no hrt. Haven't had many hot flashes or night sweats but definitely a lot of anxiety and depression and digestive issues and migraines. On top of this, my husband lost his job a year ago and we had to give up our house because I don't make enough to keep it... we just found an apartment and are moving. I have a very stressful job with people who are totally unconcerned and uncompassionant...3 weeks ago my mom who I am pretty close to went into the hospital. After a week they did surgery on her. She had a very bad hernia that ruptured and a totally impacted colon. They removed a third of her colon and fixed the hernia. She came through the surgery very well...three days later the nurses had not rolled her or gotten her up or given her breathing treatments and she got pneumonia. She went into complete respiratory failure...they intubated her and tore a bunch of lymph nodes in her chest and her chest cavity filled up with lymphatic fluid. They put in drains...she got an infection in her central line iv site and in her incision...my mom is 79 and a fighter...she is after all this doing really well...they are feeding her via a tube in her stomach and moved her ventillator to a trach tube and soon will be sending her to a rehab hospital to wean her off the vent and give her therapy to get her on her feet. My anxiety and depression has been terrible...I am heart broken over all this...I am not ready to lose my mom...my sister who is much older is turning this into a competition of who has been to visit the most and who has done the most for her. I can't handle all this and feel myself getting sick and shutting down. Don't know what to do. Just need someone to talk to and maybe some advice on how to deal. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Re: Need support and to vent!

I'm sorry you are going through so much. My mom is a similar age and when she was sick recently it was so hard, and with the severity of your mom's problems I'm sure its been a horrendous time for you. And illness does not bring out the best in family members---like your sister. I don't have advice except do vent here. It's so hard to go through so much. I hope your mom's recovery goes well. Sometimes the hospital social worker for your mom can be someone to talk to, also. Sending support and hugs.
Unread 06-12-2011, 08:14 PM

Jilli I second what grey own said. Know that you are loved and supported here. Sending my love and prayers your way. Love Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2011, 08:26 PM

(((Jilli)))
Please come here for love and support and we will help you. I am so sorry for all you have been going thru. Do you have a social worker or therapist you can talk with? I will pray for your family.

jenn
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM

(((Jilli)))
Bless your heart,you have really been dealing with a lot. I think anyone in your shoes would be struggling. The lack of hormones alone can throw the best of us over the edge. When you consider the job loss, need to move and your mother's illness, it's no wonder you are having a difficult time.

I know when I find stress, heaping upon stress I try to step back. I tell myself to step away from the stress. Only you know what can minister to your heart and calm your soul and it's important to take care of yourself in ways that will restore your strength and help you deal with all the emotions that are so normal when life is difficult, the way yours is right now.

Don't let your sister pull you into that competition thing. Just say no when you need to and do what you can. No one should be made to feel guilty over something like that. You love your mother and I'm sure she knows that. Send a card if you can or call her up, but don't let your sister pressure you into doing things you aren't able to do.

Don't feel bad about taking care of yourself. Get strong and take one thing at a time. You'll get through this. Hopefully your mom is getting better all the time and soon you'll be settled in your new home. Listen to soothing music, go for walks, eat well. I hope talking about it here helps too. We're here for you, this season of life will pass.
Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register