Bowel Movement after hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel Movement after hysterectomy Bowel Movement after hysterectomy

Unread 10-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Bowel Movement after hysterectomy

hey there! i had the same prob with the bowel issue. i've had to take the citrate stuff several times with other procedures and every time it made my bowels seize up and all crampy. i used a suppository TWICE (2 different occasions thought)!! lol and it seemed to be a little better than the citrate. my stomach goes crazy with the mention of citrate!!

miche
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2004, 11:32 PM

I had trouble going at the hospital. They wouldn't let me eat until I had a BM. Finally, a nurse gave me warm prune juice (yuk!!) and it did the job. Once at home, I took colace (stool softener) for a month and warm prunce juice anytime I had trouble. It worked like a charm and I only needed the juice twice. You'll do just fine. Good luck.
Unread 10-05-2004, 05:23 PM

I too finally had a movement 5 days after, using a all natural stool softner called senekot, well let me tell you its working all right, because the first day i went twice, and today i've already gone five times, and its soft. Think I might keep this stuff on hand for the rest of my life. its over the counter and about 5.00 for a box of 30, take one or two per day, I'm taking two. yippie, one thing that doesnt hurt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2004, 09:40 PM

Hi Diane!
Glad to see that you are also back. Don't worry....the BM will be ok. I was worried about the same thing, since I have a problem with that anyway. I started taking colace 2 days before my TAH. My doctor said it would help. I did not have a BM..or even pass any gas before I left the hospital on Saturday. She (my doctor) told me to get Dulcolax suppositories to use. I did get them...haven't had to use them!!! I finally had the BM on Monday and it did not hurt. Real soft, but that was ok with me. I have also tried to eat fruit and drink lots of water..I think that helps alot....Don't worry...............it will come!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register