CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > Monthly Poll (and occasional Contest!)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

Unread 01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

2008 was a roller coaster!

The majority of the year was spent coping with my pelvic pain and going through the HMO ringer to get my hysterectomy scheduled.

I also became closer with my very good friend. My relationship with my DH was tested by my condition. But, the solidarity of our relationship overcame!

Now I am recovering and in less pain than before my surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2009, 07:36 PM
Cool - CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating! 2008 remembered

I will remember 2008 as the last year with a period (8/11)
My grandson was born in May and my daughter graduated
in May 2008. Also my husband fell out of treestand in Oct
and fractured his neck in 4 places and had to have neck surgery (then had to wear a halo for 5 weeks) He also had
a fractured finger which required surgery. (He had 3 broken
ribs, cracked sternum, fracture in upper back that didn't
require surgery).
Paula
Unread 01-05-2009, 07:38 PM
2008 Large Mass Removed

Thank goodness 2008 is done. I had to have surgery to remove a LARGE mass, a 22lb mass - with it I opted to have my ovaries, uterus and my cervix removed. I do not regret my decision but at 42 years I am still trying to get used to my hormonal changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2009, 07:39 PM

I will remember 2008 as the year of ups and downs. I found out that I had to have a tvh, no more periods and back pain! My oldest son won the state Cal Ripken baseball championship. My youngest son started preschool (ouch).
Unread 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM
CONTEST: How will you remember 2008? - Chance to win an EndoFEMM for participating!

i will remember 2008 because i had my hysterectomy in Feb (yeah!), had a fabulous beach vacation in June, and then ended the year with a BANG by breaking my ankle Dec 14!!
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM

2008 has been a bittersweet year for me. My 90 year old father passed away in July from Parkinson's Disease and is now with Jesus. I was also blessed to be able to have a Da Vinci hysterectomy by the most wonderful ob/gyn surgeon and hopefully 2008 will be the last year I will ever have to be laid up due to pain from stage 4 endometriosis. God is good!!
Unread 01-05-2009, 08:51 PM

I will remember 2008 as another year of obstacles overcome for now!
Unread 01-05-2009, 09:13 PM

I will rememberr 2008 as the year I turned a major corner. I had no idea how sick I was until I started recovering, everyday I felt better and along with that came an appreication for everything I have been given. A wonderful family, very good friends, health and happiness, and I am loved. Truly 2008 made me look forward to every upcoming year.

Having good things in your life is good, but loving who you have become is fantastic! 2008 is the year of the new and improved me!
Unread 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
A Year of Transition

It seems this year has meant lots of changes for me.

My twins (19) graduated.
My son (19) is engaged.
My father (72) diagnosed with Parkinsons and Alzhiemers.
My grandmother (95) put into an Alzhiemers facility.
My father in law (82) terminal colon cancer.
My sister in law (45) found dead on her bedroom floor on 12/2.
My hysterectomy - thank you Jesus no cancer. And I am feeling better than I have in years. Exercising and eating right and 40 pounds lighter.

God has really used all these things to change me, my heart. I told my husband on July 14, the day of my ultrasound, that I will never have another bad day again. Life is just too short. And I can say that even with all that has gone on these past 6 months, because of the love, mercy and grace of God- they have all been good days. And I am looking forward to 365 great days in 2009.

God bless you all.
Unread 01-06-2009, 09:35 AM

I will remember 2008 as the Year of Surgeries:

Valentine's Day - Cone Biopsy and right ulnar nerve release (I call this my A$$e$ & Elbows day)

April - TAH/BSO

August - left ulnar nerve release

October - colonoscopy

This year has brought many changes to my life, the biggest of course is no more 2 month long periods I have many things to be thankful for, and the biggest is that 2008 is over & maybe 2009 will have NO surgeries in store for me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register