Belly button pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Belly button pain Belly button pain

Unread 08-21-2007, 05:16 PM
Belly button pain

Is anyone out there experiencing pain in the navel area? Actually just below it. It started a couple of days ago and is getting a bit more painful everyday. Sometimes the pain runs down my right side.
SAH - total reconstruction too 7/9
Moe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Belly button pain

Could the pain be related to your cycle and ovulation since you retained both of your ovaries and your cervix? Possibly you have a cyst?

I had a different hyst type than you which required an incision in my belly button. Thus I do tend to have pain now and then behind and below my belly button for scar tissue and adhesions. But I don't really recall having pain early in recovery in that area.

Since your pain is a new pain and increasing, you might want to give your doctor a call and see what s/he has to say.
Unread 08-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Belly button pain

I had a LAVH. They actually went through my belly button. But I too am having pains right below my belly button.

My boyfriend is tired of hearing me say.. "My belly button hurts. Look at it, make sure it is normal."

Sometimes I can barely touch it and it will hurt. I am just chalking it up to healing.

If your's gets too bad you may want to call the doctor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Belly button pain

I too have begun to start experiencing belly button pain. My LAVH was on 8/6/07 and also kept my ovaries. In fact this is the first time I've had ANY trouble at all. Hope it goes away soon!! for all of us!
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Belly button pain

I am having a pain about an inch bellow my navel and mine is problaythe scar tisue dr says . I woluld call dr to find out for sure what is going on
hugs
Lisa
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Belly button pain

I'm almost 8 months out from my surgery and I have the same pain. I feel like I've been kicked and should be black and blue all over my stomach. My pain started right about my 2nd month, and hasn't let up. My doctor says its a "tied off nerve" and that we'll have to locate the nerve and treat it with steroids. Tried the shots for a couple of weeks with no luck. I had an ultra-sound last week thinking it might be a hernia, and that came back clear. I just started acupunture....and I have to say that my belly button/stomach is not as painful. I hope we all didn't get a bad batch of the "mesh".....just my luck....they recall the mesh used during surgery because it's defective!
Unread 08-23-2007, 01:24 PM
Belly button pain

Hi,
Just looking at these "belly button pain" posts. I have fairly intense pain behind my navel area. I am 3 months out from my VHyst. My surgeon was surprised ?? when I told him yesterday. Thought it might rather be something colon related??
Unread 08-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Belly button pain

I'm checking all the "bases".....I have an appointment with the colon doctor in about 3 weeks......

Thanks for the response!

Beanqueen
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Belly button pain

I had an LAVH in May and every so often my belly botton hurts right where the staple was. It's a constant throbbing, really. I had complications during my surgery (my uterus was almost adhered to my colon) and he had to "manouver" things, so I'm wondering also if the two are related.

I'm curious to hear what your doc has to say. I really don't want to see my normal PCM on base so I may end up calling the gyno doc because I'm also getting a lot of burning where my uterus was. :-( maybe it's all related, I dunno.
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:56 PM
Belly button pain

I also had a SAH. My dr. told me that the pain there is due to the internal sutures that run up and down there. You are cut in many different places inside and have 100's of internal sutures. One incision runs up and down below the belly button. There are many nerves cut along there also.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register