2 weeks post hysterectomy: No energy or appetite. Feel lost | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy: No energy or appetite. Feel lost 2 weeks post hysterectomy: No energy or appetite. Feel lost

Unread 09-07-2016, 05:39 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: No energy or appetite. Feel lost

I am two weeks today post op and have no appetite and a metallic taste in my mouth, I have been living off smoothie and have lost x amount of pounds not that I couldn't stand to lose a few. I go to the Dr tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was permanent. I have had no menopausal symptoms what so ever, even though both ovaries were removed, although I am not really sure what the symptoms are. I have have stared having bad dreams after the surgery as well. Feeling lost right now and antsy to get back to work, I have a little pain but even less energy.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2016, 06:11 PM
Re: NLeeg

Both of those things are fairly normal. The metallic taste is from the various drugs they gave you during surgery.

You have the right idea with the smoothies. :-) Many women that frequent healthy "snacks" work better that regular-sized meals for a couple/few weeks after surgery. If your body wants smoothies, that's fine because you can get a lot of protein and vitamins into a smoothie. In addition, try small bits of solid food from time to time, light stuff like crackers, fruit or yogurt.

You need lots of fluids, but if you're drinking smoothies that should do it. Also try to walk as much as your body is comfortable with, as this will help your appetite return.

I was underweight going into surgery due to stress and then continued to lose weight the first couple of weeks. Don't worry about the weight loss. Your appetite *will* come back in its own time.
Unread 09-07-2016, 06:17 PM
2 weeks post hysterectomy: No energy or appetite. Feel lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLeeG View Post
I am two weeks today post op and have no appetite and a metallic taste in my mouth, I have been living off smoothie and have lost x amount of pounds not that I couldn't stand to lose a few. I go to the Dr tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone knew if this was permanent. I have had no menopausal symptoms what so ever, even though both ovaries were removed, although I am not really sure what the symptoms are. I have have stared having bad dreams after the surgery as well. Feeling lost right now and antsy to get back to work, I have a little pain but even less energy.

Thank you
Sorry you are having a tough time! I don't have much appetite either and I had my surgery a week ago. I had everything removed through abdominal vertical incision. I also had bad dreams and attributed that to the pain meds. I stopped the Percocet yesterday night and only use Advil every 4 hours followed by Tylenol every 4 hours and it's doing the trick.

My doctor told me specifically to eat light healthy meals while healing so maybe if you add in some homemade soups and plain toast that will help? It did me.

Sometimes medication can give you terrible metallic tastes in your mouth. Perhaps see your doctor to ask what meds might be attributing to this symptom?

With regards to your menopause symptoms; I was already in menopause so I don't feel any different. All women experience it differently. If your symptoms are mild then be thankful!!!

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register