Not a water drinker... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not a water drinker... Not a water drinker...

Unread 06-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Not a water drinker...

I am NOT a water drinker. Post Op, can I still drink water with the "on the go" packets in it, or does it have to be just water?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Not a water drinker...

I hear you! I hardly drank water prior to surgery, but was amazed how much I actually wanted to drink it after. That lasted about a week and a half. Now I drink ice tea, herbal teas, and my beloved coffee and the occasional glass of water. I would think anything fluid would be okay, except pop as it would tend to make you even more gassy. I really don't care for pop either, so that was no problem. I don't know what the "on the go" packets are, so I can't help you there-sorry!
Take care,
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:17 PM
Not a water drinker...

yes, I agree with purple, any liquid is probably ok. I drink tea, hot and iced. I drink as much as I can. I don't drink soda now and really don't miss it. Snapple diet iced tea is great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Not a water drinker...

I can drink water but i perfer seltzer or club soda with a wedge or lime or lemon. That should be okay right?
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Not a water drinker...

I"m not a water drinker either and plan on taking my crystal light on-the-go packets w/ me to the hosptial.
Unread 06-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Our solution to the water problem....

Myself and about 10 others my age work together in an indepndent pharmacy and we all have weight issues. We have found a good way to drink water to anyone that has problems.
We put bottled water in the freezer of the fridge, leave it about 30 minutes and when you take it out it makes a slush perfect not as if you are eating ice but not just plain water.
We all love it.
Just don't leave it too long or it will freeze to the point of ice and not as good.
Not a water drinker try our slushy solution
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Not a water drinker...

Carbonated beverages contain carbonated gas. You really should try to drink whatever you like that is not carbonated. Why not plain water with lemon or lime? You may have problems with gas after your surgery. You wouldn't want to make the problem worse with carbonated beverages. I will tell you this. I wasn't offered any carbonated drinks while I was in the hospital.

Good luck to you!

Carol
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Not a water drinker...

Those "to go" packets are great. (You can get Kool-Aid to go now, too!) Also, iced tea (decaffeinated is best, of course) is wonderful. And who can turn down some good, old-fashioned lemonade? I treat myself to making it from the frozen concentrate, and mix it with Kool-Aid (grape is my favorite mix-in). You just make the lemonade according to directions and just add a packet of unsweetened Kool-Aid (don't add the sugar). Yum!

I agree that as little carbonation as possible is also probably best -- but the main thing is to get the fluid in. Maybe treat yourself to some "bubble water" once or twice a day?
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:49 PM
Not a water drinker...

you're right carol...never thought of that...but then why do they serve ginger ale? i know for nausea.. but that is carbonated too. i was thinking more long term after the gas passes (pardon the term)
Unread 06-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Not a water drinker...

Watch the coffee intake too...that will dehydrate you. I once read for every cup of coffee you need 3 times the water to replenish the fluid!

I'm not a water person either. So once I got home I made an agreement with myself. For every 24 oz bottle I drink, I get a nice big glass of iced tea! The water really does help.

As for the gingerale, it usually helps a sour stomach when it's flat. I sent my sister out to get some for me while at the castle. The nurse came in and told me that even though she understood why I wanted it, I was better off taking a medication and leaving the carbonation for later in recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register